Cloud Team Lead - 6 month contract - Manchester
Posted on Nov 25, 2022 by Talent International
Cloud Operations Technical Team Lead
6 month contract
Manchester Based - Hybrid
- A technical and team lead
- Someone who has lengthy experience in an infrastructure team or service, dealing with traditional challenges of managing and presenting Servers, storage, web hosting, databases and applications to other areas of the business as-a-service.
- Someone who is passionate about Scripting and automating infrastructure services - ideally in an Azure DevOps CI/CD specific world (with Bicep knowledge ideal), but good experience of any of the following would be advantageous: Powershell, Python, Ruby, Java, Bash, Shell and Node.js (or similar) Scripting languages.
- Someone who knows how the wider infrastructure services work - for example, how DNS and IPAM works, how networks and Firewalls work, how web services are created hosted, how databases are created and presented, how Application presentation services (such as WAF's, Application Delivery Controllers, load balancers, cdn, etc.) work not necessarily in a way were the person will necessarily need to configure them personally, but certainly in a way that they can articulate what needs to be configured, and help ensure they are configured correctly by teams that are responsible for it.
- Someone who knows how Azure DevOps pipelines work, and especially how DevOps connects to Azure and releases updates and configuration changes into the platform. Someone who understands how DevOps services can be created, and how we can monitor and trouble shoot problems in this area.
- Someone who has taken the time to certify themselves in Microsoft Azure - ideally in a generic certification that covers a wide area of Azure services rather than a specific silo or speciality.
- Someone who knows what a good Azure service looks like and are aware of the Cloud Architecture Framework or Enterprise Scale Framework concepts are. Ideally able to demonstrate how they have helped an organisation move toward these kind of best practice based approaches.
- Someone who has provided services to Development teams from an ops team/service provider, and understands how to balance giving Dev teams freedom and innovation with the risks of ensuring services are supported, managed and secured appropriately.
- Experience of Azure Blueprints, Azure Policy, and creating and monitoring Azure Compliance/Azure Optimisation based initiatives would be highly beneficial.
Someone with detailed experience implementing and managing at least most of the following key technologies:
- AAD - Service Principles, Permissions, RBAC, PIM
- Azure DevOps - SelfHosted Agents, CI/CD.
- Azure Defender and Security Centre
- Azure KeyVaults, Certificates and PKI services
- Application Service Environments, Web Services, API Services, Functions
- Application Gateways and API Management services.
- SQL Services - MI, PaaS, IaaS, ADF, SSIS, etc.
- Storage services - files and blob.
- Data Lake Services, PowerBI and ETL technologies.