Mgr/Finance/CRC - Therapeutic Research and Development
Posted on Feb 3, 2019 by Atrium Health
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: Monday-Friday, 40 hours
Department Name: OPR SPA Clinical Trials
Location: Therapeutic Research and Devel
Location Details:? 2709 Water Ridge Parkway, Suite 300, Charlotte, NC 28217
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Manages patient accounting, coding and compliance functions in collaboration with departmental leaders. Provides leadership and guidance related to the allocation of resources necessary to meet the needs of the reimbursement leadership team.
- Implements and monitors research billing compliance program to ensure appropriate management of patient accounting and research billing functions. Supervises reimbursement, coding and compliance areas.
- Trains and supervises research community, principle investigators and study coordinators in the appropriate processes related to research billing compliance. Provides assistance to research customers to identify standard of care charges, research charges and routine costs for clinical trial management.
- Develops and maintains understanding of Medicare research billing requirements. Updates department on a regular basis. Routinely performs audits of all research charge management to ensure compliance.
- Manages all third-party payer audit activities required to comply with external accounting expectations. Serves as point-of-contact to manage all research billing concerns.
- Ensures that research charges are?reviewed in a timely manner and within?Atrium patient accounting standards. Oversees patient accounting credits, re-bills, denials and hold charges as a part of the overall patient accounting management process.
- Establishes and maintains exceptional knowledge of patient billing software systems. Ensures that division team members are similarly trained; creates and manages target metrics to measure reimbursement team performance.
Works in an office and classroom environment. Includes travel to?Atrium facilities and affiliate sites. Lifts and moves boxes and equipment up to 50 lbs.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED with 5 years experience or Bachelors Degree required. Patient accounting experience required. Supervisory experience preferred. Fundamental knowledge of coding, patient accounting, physician billing, facility billing and medical records required. Coding certification such as RHIA, RHIT, CPC or CMC preferred. Membership in professional coding organizations preferred.
? ? ?
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer
Carolinas HealthCare System, one of the nation's leading and most innovative healthcare organizations provides a full spectrum of healthcare and wellness programs throughout North and South Carolina. Its diverse network of facilities includes academic medical centers, approximately 38 hospitals, freestanding emergency department, more than 700 physician practices, behavioral health center, surgical and rehabilitation centers, home health agencies, hospice and palliative care services, and nursing homes.
For nearly 70 years, our system of exceptional facilities has been providing care that improves our community and the lives of our patients and employees.
At Carolinas HealthCare System, we are One team, delivering care through more than 11 million patient encounters. Our teammates share millions of reasons to be proud of their work and the contributions they make every day. We invite you to learn more about Carolinas HealthCare System, and discover all the possibilities ONE system has to offer.