Posted on Feb 3, 2019 by Myriad Genetics, Inc.
Myriad Genetics is looking for a qualified candidate to join our Knowledge Management Team. Scientists on the Knowledge Management Team evaluate both external and internal data sources relevant to the classification of Variants in cancer susceptibility genes and to contribute significantly to the classification of genetic variants. This position requires extensive knowledge of SQL, Python or R and statistics and the ability to analyze and interpret large data sets.
- Uses bioinformatics tools such as those for sequence alignment.
- Produces reports, graphics, and tables to present results of analysis
- Develops new algorithms and pipelines for the analysis of new processes and data sets.
- Collaborates with statistical, scientific, and medical investigators to support analyses
included in articles for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Capable of working independently and applying the appropriate methodology for
- Have knowledge of the genetics and genome science as well as applicable laboratory techniques to be able to generate assumptions as to what the data should look
like, in order to identify problem.
- Bachelors, master's degree, or PhD in life sciences, preferably genetics.
- Proficiency in R or other statistical software, related knowledge in programming languages
- Proficiency with SQL and Unix environments.
- Bachelors with 5 years, Master's with 3 years, PhD with 1 year of work experience in biotech industry or academic equivalent .
- Understanding of principles underlying standard statistical methods and modern molecular
- Strong ability to communicate with people across multiple levels of the company.
- Excellent problem-solving and quantitative skills
Physical and Mental requirements:
- Lifting up to 20lbs, Carrying, Repetitive Motion, Near Acuity, Color Determination, Depth Perception
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
Myriad Genetics, Inc. (Nasdaq: MYGN) is a leading molecular diagnostic company making a difference in patient's lives through to discovery and commercialization of transformative molecular diagnostic products that assess a person's risk of developing disease, improve diagnosis, predict disease progression and guide therapy. We believe in improving the healthcare management of patients by providing physicians and patients with critical information across multiple medical specialties that addresses unmet medical needs. With fiscal year 2015 annual revenue of approximately $700 million and more than 2,000 employees, Myriad is focusing on strategic initiatives, including growing our existing markets, launching new products, and expanding our global presence to take advantage of significant long-term growth opportunities.
PrincePerelson & Associates
Myriad Genetics Laboratories
Goldman Sachs USA
Goldman Sachs USA