PHP Developer with MySQL and Linux. Data Platform Company
Posted on Nov 25, 2022 by BizTek Recruitment Ltd
PHP Developer with MySQL and Linux. Data Platform Company.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly funded entrepreneurial hosting company based in Brentwood, Essex. You will be working directly for the CTO as part of the early on-boarded team, as a PHP Developer. From a career progression this will ultimately mean that you have the opportunity to grow at a senior level as the company expands with potentially longer-term equity opportunity.
The role is developing the hosting software applications and control panel, initially allowing users the functionality to eg load websites and hosted applications.
The role is office based in a modern Brentwood facility. The office is designed for the modern worker and benefits from large screen PlayStation, Peloton bike, shower etc.
Note that the company works home working BUT YOU MUST BE COMMUTABLE TO BRENTWOOD, ESSEX to attend 1 day per week in the office at your own expense.
You are going to be a person committed to the company mission and therefore have a committed work ethic and can-do, proactive nature.
Salary is relative to skills, but will be between 70k and 100k.
The very basic skills requirement:
- An experienced PHP Developer who has programmed application-based websites.
- Apache/Linux. Can setup/install a Linux server and get it up and running with Apache/PHP/MySQL
- MySQL. Experience of.
For a Senior skilled salary, you will tick as many of these skills as possible:
- Strong working knowledge of PHP (v5.6 to 7), both procedural and OO and an understanding of MVC frameworks.
- MySQL - Must be comfortable working with large datasets and doing statistical analysis of large query results
- Apache/nginx knowledge
- Familiarity with Memcache and optimising PHP/Apache load times
- Version control (git).
- Experience in the use of external API's to send/receive data (mostly json and XML)
- Linux system maintenance (mostly debian/ubuntu) and virtualisation (Any of Proxmox/LXC/VMWare good)
- Write clean, reusable, scalable and efficient code to power a large-scale hosting system
- Have the ability to quickly identify and fix bottlenecks and bugs
- You will carry external customer facing account management and relationship management/sales behaviours and come with industry experience and hence can feed sales leads into the sales team or support this process