Desktop Support Engineer
Posted on Nov 25, 2022 by Third Bridge
Third Bridge was founded on the belief that human insights drive intelligent investment decisions.
To make the right investment decisions, our clients require access to the most relevant experts and their insights - we enable this through private consultations and exclusive content drawn from expert interviews.
Our clients consist of some of the largest private equity funds, hedge funds, mutual funds and management consulting firms, who are serviced by a team of over 900 employees located across eight global offices.
Third Bridge operates in a global, multi-billion-dollar market with double digit annual growth and has consistently received accolades for Great Places to Work and the top 100 fastest growing companies.
Technology & Product Function Overview
The Technology, Data & Product function is led by our Chief Information Officer. We are investing heavily in product, data and technology capabilities, enabling us to deliver innovative products and solutions, and deep insight market intelligence to our clients.
Through harnessing the latest business technology services, we allow the business to work faster, more intelligently and we are uncovering more and more business opportunities as a result.
What will you do?
As Third Bridge's Desktop Support Engineer, you'll play a vital role to keep our business running smoothly! Providing first line support within our Tech Success team, you'll fix all technology issues that our employees may face. You'll deliver excellent customer service whilst responding to tickets raised within the office, from remote workers, and supporting our other locations around the globe.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- User account creation, maintenance and closure
- Issuing equipment, inventory management, organise deliveries and shipments
- First line technical support: triaging issues, gathering information, resolving tickets
- Desk configuration of meeting and conference spaces
- Managing escalation or delegation to senior team members or wider Tech and Product departments
Working from within our London office, you'll be a friendly face in the team, that is welcoming and supportive, translating technical fixes into easy to understand steps for all employees with their individual requirements and varying levels of technical knowledge.
Third Bridge is a fast paced and changing environment, striving for continuous improvement. This also brings opportunities to grow and develop whilst contributing to our company goals. You'll receive full training and ongoing support from your team. There is a clear escalation chain, which in turn provides you with a clear development ladder as you progress in your career with us.
What will you bring?
"How can I help?"
If you're asking this throughout your day, then you're already on your way to success in this role. As well as being technically minded, perhaps with some first line support in your work history, you also recognise what great customer service is. With experience you've gained from hospitality, retail or a service industry, you put your customer first, going above and beyond to resolve their issues, and you don't stop until they're fixed.
You're bringing your can-do attitude, learning a lot, and applying it quickly. You're organised: understanding how to prioritise tickets and manage your time. You show patience when explaining solutions, translating technical steps into every-day language, and persevering when things don't work out or you're not understood the first time.
Your CV should showcase any experience of the responsibilities described. About 90% of our business runs on Macbooks, so if you know your way around a Mac then this will be a big advantage to your application. But if you learn quickly and are called on by family and friends to sort out laptops, desktops, iOs and android phones, then we'd like to hear from you.
How will you be rewarded?
We truly care about our people so in return for your work, you'll get:
- Flexible working - We want to encourage office attendance for the purpose of collaborating in person with your colleagues, on an as-needed basis. This in turn gives you the flexibility to decide when you come to the office based on your team's interactions.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising to 28 days after 2 years of service
- Summer Fridays - finish early during the summer months to make the most of the weather
- Mental and Professional Wellness:
- Modern Health - 6 counselling and 6 coaching sessions per year
- Talk Therapy sessions
- EAP sessions
- 2 paid charity days each year
- 2 personal days per year to use for events such as moving house, your birthday or life admin
- Free breakfast and snacks in the office
- Free yoga - twice weekly
- Private Medical Insurance - up to family cover
- Pension contributions increasing with tenure
- Personal annual learning and development budget
- Female mentorship program
- Employee affinity groups including ESG, Environment, Mental Health, Diversity & Inclusion and Women at Third Bridge
- Life insurance - x4 base salary
The successful candidate must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the country they are applying
We know that to be truly innovative, we need to have a diverse team around us. That is why Third Bridge is committed to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you are not 100% sure if you are right for the role, please apply anyway and we will be happy to consider your application.