Senior Engineer Java
Posted on Nov 25, 2022 by Zellis
If you are an amazing Java Senior Engineer looking for your next role at an industry leading company, then keep reading!
Why work for us?
We are leaders in HR and payroll. Our purpose is to make people feel appreciated for the work they do - through precision, choice, and magic. Our multi-award-winning products pay over five million employees a year: with almost half (45%) of the FTSE 100, 50% of the top retailers and 30% of the top universities in the UK and Ireland as customers, making us largest providers of payroll and HR software and Managed Services.
Whether you're passionate about all thing's payroll, dedicated to customer delivery, or a true techie who's ready to work across a myriad of cutting-edge solutions, we have a place for you.
What you'll be doing
- Designing and developing new product functionality
- Contributing to the PROIV technology product road map / back log
- Maintenance of production product releases
- Mentoring colleagues whilst promoting best practice
- Inspiring our QA engineers to facilitate and produce automatic regression tests for new functionality
- Being an active participant in all agile ceremonies
Our Stack: Java Web Application
Our Tooling: Azure Devops, IntelliJ, Eclipse, VSCode
Our Platforms: Linux, Windows
We'd love it if you had
- Experience in software design and build capacity of Java Web applications
- Worked within an Agile continuous integration environment
- Deep knowledge of Servlet containers and java web application deployment
- An understanding of web security concepts
- Experience of building IntelliJ or Eclipse plugins
- Examples of where you've built and released pipeline development, ideally using Azure DevOps and Azure CLI
- Experience of cloud deployment technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
We'd love it if you were
- Passionate about learning new tools and technologies
- Able to work with conflicting demands, whilst ensuring expectations are managed
- Great at-solving problems using modern technologies
- A stickler for the detail
- A great communicator
- Always looking to improve ways of working
- Solid experience in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-
What you'll get:
- Your birthday off, without dipping into your annual leave
- The opportunity to take your career to the next level whilst working with amazing people
- The platform to do amazing things
- Values that are intrinsic in everything we do - 'Unstoppable together', 'Always Learning' & 'Make it count'
- A range voluntary benefits that will help in work and beyond. These could be:
- Finance and protection
- Life Assurance to provide financial security for your loved ones
- Travel Insurance for those holidays in the UK or abroad
- Motor breakdown cover, so no more being stranded on the side of the road
- Will writing to plan ahead
- Critical illness insurance to reduce the stress of serious illness
- Childcare vouchers to help with childcare costs
- Pension scheme, where we'll match your contributions, up to 8.5%
- Lifestyle & Leisure
- A new shiny car through salary sacrifice
- Get cycling to work with a new bike
- Give to a charity close to your heart through charitable giving
- Take more time off for a special occasion, or sell holiday back to free up cash through holiday trading
- Book a holiday with one of the UK's leading travel providers, and pay for it interest-free over 12 months with travel accounts
- Tuck into great savings at a huge variety of restaurants and top attractions across the UK with discount cards
- Save throughout the year for the festive season and get the money in your December pay with Christmas saving scheme.
- Get the latest must-have gadget right now and spread the cost interest-free with our technology scheme.
- Health and Wellbeing
- Check you and/or your partner's health, identify future risks and get professional health advice through one of the UK's leading healthcare providers with Health Assessment
- Access to EAP
- Wrkit engagement platform that cultivates healthy habits in work and life
- Protect your smile with dental insurance
- Get money back on a wide variety of healthcare expenses with Healthcare Cashplan
- Providing for your healthcare needs with Private Medical Insurance
Even if you can't tick all the boxes, we'd still love to hear from you!. We get that a diverse workforce makes a great workforce, and we're committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture where our people can turn up, be themselves & thrive.