User Experience Designer, Web (VP)
Posted on Nov 25, 2022 by Chase
User Experience Designer, Web (VP)
JPMorgan Chase is investing in innovative ways to attract customers, deepen engagement and drive increased satisfaction through delightful interactions with digital products and experiences. Our team is at the heart of driving this transformation, focused on developing innovative offerings that put the customer at the centre.
Culture is important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, honest, passionate and hungry individuals who are motivated to use and expand their skills, while working on a new and exciting venture.
We are looking for an engaged user experience designer to join us. In this role, you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of creatives, brand and marketing professionals, web engineers, data analysts and researchers committed to creating web products and services for our customers.
This role requires an extensive understanding of user experience design for web, with a focus on creating end-to-end user experience for web. A balanced understanding of user research, interaction, visual design and web technology is a must.
- Design captivating and responsive web pages for our marketing website, supporting a range of devices and screen sizes.
- Work from early discovery stage to the finished product, delivering design to engineers.
- Ensure our web customer journeys are fluid and intuitive, delivering a clear information architecture and user experience.
- Lead and advise on how to run discovery, design and usability research to ensure that user journeys across mobile and desktop web meet the needs of the customers and the business
- Advocate and provide guidance on how to use customer insights and data to inform the user experience
- Drive innovation through the website by leveraging user research, user experience design, technology, emerging trends, web standards and best practices.
- Work with the Design System team designing and maintaining our library of web components as they develop and evolve.
- Create, deliver and communicate ideas through design outcomes like concepts, user journeys, wireframes, user flows, process flows, site maps, and UI design.
- Present and communicate work and recommendations to the wider organisation
- Have a clear understanding of the drivers, and desired outcomes behind business objectives
- Manage stakeholders and proactively solve issues affecting design quality
- Support best practices and methodologies to drive efficiency and effectiveness
- Uphold design consistency and excellence of design deliverables
- Be an advocate for the customer and foster a shared understanding of customer centric design in the organisation
- Hands on experience in roles as User Experience Designer, with a focus on Responsive Web UX Design to modern standards across multiple devices and platforms
- Strong portfolio of design work/case studies demonstrating your design process, methodologies, approaches and UX design
- Ability to synthesize complex, interdependent, and sometimes competing needs
- Effective communication of journeys and solutions across roles & levels
- Ability to communicate intended experiences to product owners, senior stakeholders and developers
- Awareness and practical understanding of current technologies and their application and relevance to digital experiences
- Proven understanding of mobile web and desktop design and screen development
- Strong understanding and application of accessibility
- Expert knowledge of browser compatibility across multiple platforms and devices
- Experience using a test & iterate approach through usability testing, and collaborating on early UX research methods
- Prototyping skills across a variety of mediums and needs on paper, in Figma and other digital methods
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to actively listen, hear and understand what is said and not said, and with nuanced comprehension of meaning and intent
- Comfortable developing and sustaining effective and cooperative working relationships with peers, managers and other internal or external stakeholders
- Ability to influence others and provide thought leadership on user centred design
- Flexibility / adaptability (ability to change direction based upon team and stakeholder consensus)
- Expert knowledge of modern design systems
- A passion for helping create an environment where people can do their best work
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented, cross-functional environment
- Stays on-top of the latest design practices and industry trends, constantly looking for inspiration, innovation and ideas and sharing your knowledge with the team
- Bachelor's degree in Design, HCI, or related field or equivalent professional experience
- Experience in the Atlassian suite of software (Jira & Confluence) is desirable
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you, let's chat!
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we're setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
The Digital team is dedicated to creating innovative, industry-leading products and experiences that help customers access, share and control their financial data so they can make smart decisions with their money. Teams enable innovation while adhering to the firm's data sharing principles of security, customer control and convenience, and privacy.
- Flexible Working
- Life Insurance
- Private medial insurance
- Pension Contribution
- Maternity / Parental Shared leave
- Performance based bonus
- Paid Volunteer time off
- WFH Tech allowance
- Global and Domestic mobility