Application Support Manager (Oracle Cloud HR & Payroll Role)
Posted on Nov 25, 2022 by Symatrix Limited
Application Support Manager (Oracle Cloud HR & Payroll Role)
Widely considered to be leading players in the Oracle HCM/Payroll/ERP marketplace in the UK, including all modules within HCM and Payroll, we offer a warm, friendly atmosphere, interesting & challenging work with a professional & experienced Team, good career advancement opportunities and we are expanding, making a myriad of new opportunities.
With plenty of scope for up-skilling and gaining further accreditation, we are also considered good payers (see below for Package details and for how to send-in your application to us); we believe in fairly rewarding our staff for their hard work and loyalty.
As the Application Support Manager, you will be taking direct control of the HR and Payroll Functional Teams within Symatrix' Managed Services Department, responsible for workload and resource management and development of Team objectives and performance.
This role requires a senior level of technical experience with the Oracle product-set, providing management advice and guidance in the delivery of servicing the customer on incidents, problem resolution and the delivery of change. It also requires strong experience and knowledge of core business HR and Payroll process and best practice as well as current legislative and compliance standards within the UK (and ideally Globally).
There is the opportunity here for the right candidate to help continue to shape and mould the services we offer in this space, linking into our other service offerings such as payroll BPO, technical support as well as supporting process review and improvements, consulting, support, change and testing.
Part of the Managed Services leadership team and reporting into the Managed Services Director, the role will also work closely with the service delivery management function, project delivery leads and Account Directors, ensuring customer experiences exceed expectations and your team is delivering high level of service.
- Direction and leadership in the delivery of services from the HR and Payroll functional teams
- Work as a key part of the Managed Services (MS) leadership team
- Support other MS business functions including testing, technology and Service Delivery
- Line management of the HR and payroll functional teams including:
- Chair Team meetings
Manage team rota covering early and late shifts, holidays, bank holidays and sickness absence
- Provide management cover for other managers in the leadership team when needed for annual leave cover etc.
- P1 escalation and incident recovery support - note this can lead to non-core hours work
- Oversee and lead service transition and client off-boarding activities as required
- Impact assessment of client changes
- Oversight and management of team resourcing, capacity and utilization targets
- Take part in service reviews with various clients as requested by service management, inputting to service packs and meetings as needed
- Support environment management activities working to schedule changes at appropriate times waking other work into account
- Delivery and management of change and project work where capacity allows
- Input to contract reviews, bid and tender submissions
- Management of suitable operational team knowledge and key support documentation
- Establish strong and effective relationships with both internal and external clients
- Identify further sales opportunities for Symatrix
- Stay up to date with the Oracle HR and payroll roadmaps, new functionality and releases.
Person Specification - Knowledge/Experience/Skills/Qualities:
- Strong knowledgeable experience in Oracle HCM and Payroll Cloud
- Knowledge of other Oracle modules, such as Benefits, Helpdesk, Compensation, Time and Labour and OTBI
- Managing a team of support professionals
- Developing people in a remote working environment
- Has a positive/can do approach
- Passionate about the customer experience
- Takes ownership and accountability for your work
- Use of a case management ticketing systems such as Salesforce, Remedy and Jira
- Ability to work across multiple clients and/or deliverables
- Well organised and structured in approach
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent client/relationship management skills
- UK based
- Oracle E-business experience
- Experience of ITIL fundamentals: Incident, Problem, Change and Release Management
- Supporting pre-sales activities including responding to ITT/RFPs
- Project Management experience
- Process improvement experience
Competitive Salary, Company Pension, 25 days holiday, option to buy an additional 5 holiday days, your own birthday as an additional holiday after two years' service, flexible working, eye tests, private health care (with the leading health care provider), DIS benefit, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, share option scheme, excellent training and learning opportunities.
What to do next (how to apply):
If you are a strong Application Support Manager with all of the specified Oracle Cloud knowledge and experience and you are interested in a new opportunity, then you have come to the right place and at definitely the right time; please send your application to our Talent Acquisition Specialist (details below).
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence, so there is no downside to sending in a CV.
We were founded in 2000 with the specific focus of providing services and expertise to organisations looking to implement and leverage Oracle HCM. We have come a long way since then.
Today we believe that all customers should be able to make their business applications work harder for them and provide the returns and the benefits they expected. Everything we do supports this belief. We provide Consulting as well as end-to-end managed services for HCM and ERP on premise or in the Cloud - from Applications Support and Testing as a Service through to Managed Payroll and Process Improvement services, not to mention our award-winning Oracle Practice! In fact, because we truly listen, our services have all developed from customer demand.
After the introduction of Cloud, we added Environment Management and Testing as a Service to our kit bag to complement our application support and change services. Our Consulting services have evolved to support Cloud and we have retained our award-winning on-premises expertise. We also created an exciting suite of services to help our customers manage and improve their processes, which really help to move our customers from adopting Cloud to embracing Cloud.
All of this we deliver on Oracle's ERP Cloud, HCM Cloud, E-business Suite and Peoplesoft applications.
We are delighted to be able to say that we're an ISO27001, BACS and Cyber Essentials accredited business but there are many reasons that we're proud of what we've achieved over the years.