Posted on Nov 25, 2022 by Talent International
Are you looking for a new role in Procurement?
Our critical public service client is currently looking for a senior procurement advisor in a newly formed team; working with their internal customers - programme boards, project manager and budget holders.
The successful applicant will be aligned to one of the programme boards and will lead on the planning of a pipeline, look at strategic solutions that can be developed for the type of procurement generated by the programme and provide procurement support to project managers.
They are looking for someone experienced in procurement, who has worked in the public sector, and is part or fully qualified to MCIPS Level 6 or equivalent.
Skills and Experience needed:
- Experience in the development of Procurement strategies, use of procurement tools to identify business needs, identify commercial risk and set in place support for robust contracts for delivery.
- Familiar with customer mapping and driving improvements in guidance and processes and embedding change.
- Has a track record of working within and adhering to standards in Public Procurement Policy.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Software, Word, Excel and Access, preparing reports and analysis to a wide range of audiences.
- has a track record in building relationships and experience in influencing senior staff and stakeholders.
- Public sector procurement experience.
- Confidence in identifying efficiency gains.