Posted on Nov 24, 2022 by RedCat Solutions
About the role
We are exclusively looking for a Senior .NET Developer to join a global investment bank, on a 6-month rolling contract.
Essential to have financial experience.
- Lead the definition of the architecture and design within the team, taking informed decisions on technology and tools whilst following the appropriate standards
- Participate in an agile based software development life cycle including technical analysis, documentation, development, testing and code reviews.
- Collaborate with the production support team for release and maintenance of the components.
- Work closely with the other developers in determining and following best development and architecture practice.
- Mentor and direct developers in the team through pair programming and code review.
- Fully participate in requirement and design meetings for new functionality.
- Relationship with the production support teams and coordinate on troubleshooting and infrastructure issues
Skills and Experience
- At least 8 years software development experience ideally with a recent focus on delivering web based applications
- Solid experience with Server Side C# and/or Java 8+
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful web APIs services using Java (Spring, Spring Boot) .NET Framework/Core (C# ASP.NET Web API)
- Experience integrating with and designing data stores using both SQL technologies - MS SQL, Oracle or Redis.
- Experience with TeamCity, Jenkins/Ansible
- Understanding of performance implications when making design decisions to deliver performant and maintainable software.
- Solid experience with multi-threaded architectures and optimised UIs
- Understanding of application security requirements.
- Familiarity with writing and validating Unit and Integration tests using standard testing frameworks.
- Ability and willingness to learn quickly and adapt to a fast changing environment, with a strong interest in continuous improvement and delivery, identifying and suggesting areas for improvement.
- Excellent knowledge of programming best practices, design patterns etc.