Lead Security Analyst - DV - 6 months - Gov/Defence
Posted on Nov 24, 2022 by Experis IT
Experis are working with a very highly sought after private/public agency, working closely with MOD/Navy, who are currently looking for a Lead Security Analyst - DV Below are the details for the role. There will be a 1 stage 1 hour interview process done remotely via Microsoft Teams. You will need to have SC clearance - you will be put through DV if you don't already have it.
Role: Lead Security Analyst - DV
Rate: £675 - £700 DOE
Location: Hybrid - twice a month in office Bristol
Duration: 6 months rolling
Start date: ASAP - 1 month
IR35: Inside IR35
Client: Public Sector/Defence
Lead Security Analyst to join a Security Operations Centre (SOC) team. The team are responsible for identifying, investigating and resolving cyber security incidents, and is part of the wider Information Security Team.
You will use your experience and in-depth knowledge of cyber-attack methods and techniques to lead the SOC security monitoring activities across a truly hybrid technical estate consisting of both on-premise and multi-cloud deployments. Continuous improvement is a key part of this role, and you will be expected to identify and implement lessons learned from security incidents as part of a continuous improvement cycle. This is a leadership position and you'll be responsible for managing and mentoring junior SOC staff.
Skills and experience:
- Excellent knowledge of cybersecurity technologies, trends and strategy - including cyber threat landscape, adversary methodologies and cyber defence strategies
- Previous experience working in a lead role in one of the following security areas: CSOC Analyst, Malware Researcher, Threat Analyst - 3 years minimum
- Expert understanding and demonstrable experience of security log analysis, security analytics, EDR, SIEM and other monitoring platforms
- Advanced understanding and demonstrable experience of network architecture, IT infrastructure, applications, and systems. Including an understanding of cloud services such as Azure and AWS
- Solid knowledge of various information security frameworks, for example the MITRE Attack Framework
- Lead role experience of cyber incident response and management