Development Support Analyst, Windows, Linux, SQL, Application Support
Posted on Nov 24, 2022 by N.P.A.
Development Support Analyst, Windows, Linux, SQL, Application Support - Financial/Banking
An exciting and challenging role, sitting between the Application Support Team and DevOps/Development Teams providing 3rd Line Support for numerous In House Trading, Risk and Settlement Systems in a mixed Windows/Linux environment. Ideal candidates will have strong Database/SQL and Scripting skills.
Preferred applicants will come from a Market Data/Trade Floor Support background with any Futures & Options and Energy Markets Business knowledge advantageous.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot any trading and risk queries escalated from the Application Support team
- Identify possible development bugs and liaise with development and testing teams to raise and track known issues.
- Liaise between Application Support, DevOps and Development teams to suggest improvements, create processes and automate manual tasks where possible.
- Ensure Application Support team has the knowledge and documentation to support internal applications.
- Follow the development process and cross-functional teams to ensure team is aware of all upcoming application releases.
- Provide 3rd Line support for all in house developed platforms to both internal and external client base
- New system analysis and implementation
- Incident management per ITIL standards
- Process & trading system documentation - produce and regularly maintain to high standard
- Liaison between technology dept. and business groups to communicate system changes
- Manage client technical requirements within the technology department
- Workflow and prioritisation awareness ensuring active tasks retain focus
- Attend stand up and sprint meetings for designated development teams
- Be aware of upcoming releases, fixes and features
- Knowledge of AWS and Azure highly desirable.
- In depth knowledge of Databases to DBA/Developer level including writing and troubleshooting SQl Code including performance issues - SQL Server/Oracle.
- Experience working within Agile Framework/Methodology
- Strong background in Windows and Linux/Unix OS's including supporting numerous Applications on mixed Windows/Linux Server platforms.
- Some Linux/Unix Systems Administration (Redhat, Centos) highly desirable.
- Able to deep dive into code and logs to pinpoint as closely as possible an issue before raising relevant tickets to development.
- General Networking/Infrastructure Troubleshooting and Diagnostics - DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, Firewalls
- Good understanding/operational experience of ITIL methodology with any certifications beneficial.
- Ability work well under pressure in a vibrant and busy environment.
Non Essential But Highly Desirable Skills:
- Previous experience supporting Futures & Options Trading, Risk and Settlement Systems.
- Linux/Unix System Administration - RedHat, Ubuntu, Solaris.
- High Frequency trading platform knowledge and expertise advantageous.
- Knowledge of at least one of the ISV's products - Trading Technologies, Stellar, ULLink, WebICE, Object Trading, Fidessa, ION/Patsystems, Trayport.
- Exchange Connectivity - ICE/LIFFE, Eurex, CME/CBOT, Euronext, Xetra, Chi-X, LME, LSE, NYSE.
- FIX Connectivity - Client On-boarding, Support/Troubleshooting of FIX Logs/Connections.
- Other Market Data - Reuters, Bloomberg, CQG, Ateo (Teo and Lisa).
- Experience in Exchange and Vendor Management with a view to project managing exchange/system critical upgrades
- Whilst experience gained in Financial Markets or Financial Services - ideally banking - would be highly beneficial the core underlying Technical Skills are more important.
Excellent Salary and Benefits to include:
- Inclusion in Personal and Company Bonus + Overtime
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing to 30 days.
- Health Care, Health and Life Assurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Cycle To Work Scheme
If you're an experienced Applications Support Analyst ready to take your career and technical expertise to the next level including learning a number of new skills then apply in strict confidence for more information.