Infrastructure security Engineer - Mc Afee Web Gateway - Investment bank
Posted on Nov 24, 2022 by Adlam Consulting Ltd
Infrastructure security Engineer - Mc Afee Web Gateways - Investment bank
The team supports the following Infrastructure Security Technologies:
McAfee web gateways experience is essesntial
The technical skills required for this position, in order of relevance, are as follows:
- McAfee/Trellix Web Gateway
- In depth knowledge of McAfee/Trellix Web Gateway in large enterprise deployment for distributed Internet & Intranet Access.
- Knowledge of Proxy interactions with different authentication platforms and SSL Break is required.
- Bluecoat/Broadcom Proxy SG
- Good knowledge of Bluecoat/Broadcom Proxy SG in large enterprise deployment as Socks Proxy.
- Fortinet/Checkpoint Firewall-1
- Fair knowledge required on current supported platforms and software versions.
- F5 Big IP- Load Traffic Manager
Fair knowledge required on current supported platforms and software versions.
- General knowledge of DNS, DHCP and IP management services.
- Proxies (McAfee/Trellix Web Gateway, Bluecoat/Broadcom Proxy SG)
- Firewall Systems (Fortinet, Checkpoint)
- Load Balancers (F5)
- SSL Accelerators (F5)In
- DNS/DHCP (Infoblox)
- Remote Access Platform (CISCO ASA/ISE)
Support activities are provided to the bank 50% On-Site and 50% Remote between the hours of 0700 - 1800 Monday to Friday and with an on-call rota outside of these hours for critical service issues.
This is a technical position where a good understanding of the technologies involved and their implementation by the different vendors is required.
Day to day responsibilities for this role:
- Perform pre-assigned tasks to accomplish the function responsible for. The nature of these tasks are Support Requests and Incident Resolution.
- Design, Build and Delivering of high quality technical solutions on Proxy platforms - Project tasks.
- Identify improvements to existing solutions and processes by implementing or expanding automation workflows
- Work cooperatively with the other members of the team
- Ensure adherence to processes and procedures
- Apply own initiative, within the levels of acceptable risk
- Whenever in doubt, escalate and seek advice and guidance
- If the nature of the task is user facing, then all the guidelines and principles of user service mentality and behaviour should be applied
- Escalate risks/issues to the manager of the team
- Minimise operational failure, including but not exclusively, the risk of fraud, by helping to devise, and by implementing, sufficient regular controls.
- Ensure appropriate escalation to management and/or Permanent Control (or Compliance as appropriate) as soon as an issue is identified.
Adlam Consulting operates as an Employment Agency & an Employment Business Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location
Inside IR35 - Not Fully Remote