Posted on Nov 24, 2022 by Hays Talent Solutions
Purchasing Assistant. Buyer. Purchasing Executive
Assignment type: Temporary, ongoing basis where you will be engaged via Hays
Working environment: Hybrid
Hours per week: 37
Pay type: Competitive hourly pay rate
Hays are recruiting for an exciting opportunity for a Purchasing Specialist to join our client on an ongoing long term temporary assignment.
Your new company
Hays are delighted to be working with our global client, one of the world's most successful premium manufacturers of cars, motorcycles, and provider of premium services. Our client demonstrates a commitment to innovation, sustainability, and product responsibility all the way from development to production. Their aim is to play a dynamic and innovative role in shaping the face of mobility. Our client highly values each and every person; their passion, commitment, uniqueness and contribution to shaping the future success of their business.
Your new role
You will be working on Purchasing activities, including but not limited to:
- Management of sourcing activities
- Commercial and legal negotiations
- Process partner relationship management
- Supplier relationship & performance management
- Commodity strategy
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience gained ideally within multi-£million indirect purchasing role
- Ability to effectively balance multiple demands/projects in a quality-orientated business environment
- Applicants should ideally have a proven background of purchasing/buying experience
- Experienced user of SAP, Excel and ideally Coupa
- Fantastic communication skills
- Collaboration and negotiation skills
- Ability to prioritise, as well as being organised and a problem solver
What you'll get in return
- Competitive hourly rate along with an annual performance related bonus.
- Hybrid working.
- Free parking on-site with access to a subsidised restaurant.
- Subsidised gym membership at Plant Oxford for agency workers
- Hays Go1 training platform which offers a library of over 70,000 courses.
- Access to Ben - a flexible employee benefits portal offering support across wide range of topics such as mental health well-being, financial or legal matters.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.