PAYROLL AND BENEFITS ADVISOR
Posted on Nov 24, 2022 by Intelligent Resource
Intelligent Resource is working in partnership with a major client in the UK. We are currently recruiting a Payroll and Benefits Advisor to be based around Oxford for a Contract role.
Job Title: Payroll and Benefits Advisor
Location: Oxford (1-2 days per week onsite)
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 months
Key accountabilities of the function
- Process Payroll activities with a high degree of specialism in Time Management and/or Benefits.
- Ensure that all payroll activities are carried out as per business requirements meeting all deadlines.
Tax and NI
- Coordinate Tax and National Insurance checks and internal audits
- Implement Measures resulting from audit activities
- Ensure Accurate records are maintained relating to P11D and timely submission to HMRC
- To ensure consistent application of guidelines and regulations as well as compliance with statute and legislation.
- Ensure all queries sent to nominated mailboxes are resolved within the given SLA.
Other Audits and Compliance
- Support any audits by providing required data, answering questions and completing necessary follow ups to ensure a successful audit.
Working Time Models
- Provide advice in preparation phases of new working time models and shift patterns in respect to any technical issues surrounding the implementation of new models in HR systems. To ensure that all system specific factors have been accounted for in the implementation of new working time models and to ensure the consistent application of guidelines and regulations.
Monitor accuracy of payroll data - ie, the correct and accurate administration of deductions and allowances by the service provider to ensure that all payroll data is accurate as dictated by BMW Group guidelines and policies as well as relevant employment legislation.
HR System Responsibility
- Act as key user in testing of new system requirements or updates.
- Ensure any system errors found in the course of BAU are raised to the correct channels for investigation and resolution. Ensure team are aware of issues and resolution.
- To ensure the HR Systems are fully up to date, compliant and functioning as expected
- Input All employee data changes which impact the senior executives' pay monthly.
- Ensure thorough checks are completed and inputs are accurate to ensure that all senior executives/Irish employees are paid accurately and on time.
- Liaise with the HRM on ad-hoc queries eg, reporting, query management, submission of shares.
- Support the administration of benefits topics eg, Cycle to Work, Pension Renewal, Choices.
- Ensure P11D's are accurate and submitted on time.
- Provide technical expertise to HRM and internal departments to ensure consistent adherence to guidelines and policies.
- Ensure process documentation is created and kept up to date at all times.
Additional skills: special skills/technical ability etc.
- Good analytical skills and organized in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Attention to details, precision oriented
- Strong Excel skills
- Knowledge of BMW HR processes, policies, instruments, and systems
- Minimum of 5 years UK Payroll Experience
- Experience of working both cross-function and/or internationally
- Ability to work independently and able to adopt a proactive approach
- Minimum of 2 years' experience of SAP HR
- Membership of Professional Institution (eg CIPP) is desirable.
Intelligent Resource Limited acts as both an employment business and as an employment agency.
Please Note: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted via Call/Email.
Apply now to know more.
Intelligent Resource is committed to barrier-free and inclusive recruitment. We are a Disability Confident recruiter, and a RIDI 100 and Business Disability Forum partner organization.
Should you choose to contact Intelligent Resource regarding this role or apply for it, all personal data you submit to us will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Notice which you can find on our website.