SQL Database Administrator
Posted on Nov 24, 2022 by Devonshire Hayes
Leading Wealth Management Client are looking for a SQL Database Administrator.
This is a hybrid Permanent Position with a salary of £60k plus discretionary bonus scheme and benefits package.
The role can be based 2-3 days a week in the Liverpool, Bracknell or Glasgow office.
In this role you will work closely with the technical support and engineering teams to improve offerings to their clients from a scalability and speed to market perspective. The team is comprised of On-Premises and Cloud Infrastructure Engineers who drive solutions for design, build and operational aspects of our infrastructure.
You will be responsible for all the operational aspects of cloud-native and hybrid data platform solutions built with Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Azure Data Services.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical MS SQL expertise to support the objectives of customer solutions.
- Performance and tuning of our production SQL environment hosted both on-premises and in Azure.
- Ensure the Azure SQL environment is monitored, identify changes required to optimise, whilst working with development teams to engineer out reoccurring problems.
- Assist in complex conversion and installation of customer data, ensuring data integrity and optimal performance.
- Provide support for all SQL Database issues from support and other departments where required to resolve issues.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members. Ensuring knowledge is kept up to date and in an available format.
- Work towards a centre of excellence for both day-to-day performance and incident fixes.
To be successful in this role, you should:
- Show proven expertise in installing, configuring, and supporting Microsoft SQL Server (versions 2008 R2 and above).
- Experience of working within a hybrid enterprise Azure SQL environment.
- Proven ability to write clear documentation and articles for end-user and technical-user use.
- Ability to work with a diverse user base and external third parties.
- Ability to work independently and as part of an Agile team providing timely, high-quality user-focused services.
- Experience in continuous improvement and continuous delivery on database projects.
- Experience in providing high-level technical support both operationally and to end users.
- Implementation, management, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, ensuring the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications.
- Good hands-on experience of TSQL and PowerShell.
- Solid experience of MS SQL SSIS, SSRS.
- Setup maintenance tasks including database integrity along with database index optimisation to ensure excellent performance.
- SQL Backup, Index Optimization, Database Integrity, and other maintenance skills including SQL server patching across all SQL Servers. Exposure to Commvault.
- Support the business resolving logged support calls within agreed SLAs, acting as an escalation point for issues that require a greater in-depth knowledge to resolve them.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities outside of standard business hours.
- Ability to provide 24/7 on-call cover support on a rota basis.