Software Asset Manager - SAM Consultant
Posted on Nov 24, 2022 by Intelligent Resource
Our Blue Chip Utilities Company is looking for Software Asset Manager/SAM Consultant. It will be a 12 month contract & must be via an Umbrella The role will almost be fully remote although potentially once a month to Reading. Will help shape the SAM function and improve on the current set up
- Certified Software Asset Management (CSAM) preferred.
- Qualified to ITIL Practitioner level (or equivalent).
- An understanding of all aspects of the software life cycle from specification of licensing requirement to decommissioning
- Good knowledge of financial management, budgeting and purchasing processes
- A demonstrable understanding of Software Asset Management processes acquired through previous experience in similar roles
- Experience of 3rd party management
- A good knowledge of the energy and IT industries would be ideal or any large complex organisation
- Thorough knowledge of the drivers behind IT Software Asset Management requirements
- An understanding of how IT Software Asset Management supports the delivery of a business-enabling service
Functional and Technical Skill
- A thorough knowledge of the requirements and benefits of an established IT Software Asset Management capability.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Fluent communicator, both written and orally, with experience of dealing with all organisational levels.
- Able to articulate points of view, using examples and personal experience as appropriate.
- Able to view both sides of a discussion, presenting reasoned cases for both.
- Self-motivated with excellent personal effectiveness and the ability to manage own workload and work independently incorporating short notice changes and demands.
- Good leadership skills
- The ability to think creatively
- Identification of problems and appropriate resolutions associated with process compliance and improvement
- Understand the need for and visibly practice the continual review of opportunities for process improvement
- Understand how changes within the organisation may drive demand on the IT Software Asset Management process
- Understand and participate in the accountability and responsibility Matrix within the organisation
- Be fully accountable for all aspects associated with the IT Software Asset Management process, (strategy, policy, and process(es)
- Be responsible for managing costs associated with Software Asset Management activities
Intelligent Resource is committed to barrier-free and inclusive recruitment. We are a Disability Confident recruiter, and a RIDI 100 and Business Disability Forum partner organisation.
Should you choose to contact Intelligent Resource regarding this role or apply for it, all personal data you submit to us will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Notice which you can find on our website.