Solutions Architect with GCP and Python, financial services and data experience
Posted on Nov 24, 2022 by Aardvark Consulting
Location - London - Hybrid
Key skills: Solutions Architect, GCP, Python, financial services, data processing, financial data, Object Oriented, agile, scrum, kanban, jira
Our client is urgently searching for a strong Solutions Architect with GCP, Python, financial services, data experience for a critical project as a permanent member of the team. The industry is the financial services sector and our client is a dynamic boutique leader in this industry and flexible enough to be a relationship driven specialist. The role is based in London and there is an option to work in a hybrid role.
A successful consultant will have strong knowledge in:
- solution architect i - 5 years plus
- developing solutions and delivering enterprise-level designs with Cloud technology, ideally GCP
- financial services and large enterprise, and working in a business facing IT role
- data processing and analytics systems
- Understanding and interpreting straightforward financial data
- Developing solutions with an object-oriented language, ideally with Python
- Agile environments with Scrum or Kanban and working with Jira
- Planning projects and activities in line with business priorities and using a variety of analysis and problem-solving techniques
You're someone who is
- Adaptable, one moment you're a leader, the next solving problems, the next you're hands-on getting things done
- Self-motivated, you're passionate about high-quality work; yet you can prioritise delivery over perfection
- A proactive team player, you can liaise effectively with global, diverse, cross-functional teams
- People oriented, with the ability to develop and nurture strong working relationships
- A practical thinker, with strong decision-making, problem-solving, analytical and interpersonal skills
- A natural communicator, you have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and you can explain complex concepts to non-technical people
Bonus points for
- GCP Engineer or Architect certificates
- Experience with an object-oriented development language
- Role relevant qualifications, such as TOGAF and ISEB
Our client, a true global leader in financial services, has started a multi-year programme to migrate core financial data and processes to the Cloud.
This new strategic directive involves rationalising processes and automating data and report production, to provide stakeholders with comprehensive analysis and reporting data.
The programme requires highly scalable, reliable, resilient and innovative cloud-based solutions, with a high standard of technical engineering and a quick-time-to-market.
For this, we're looking for a Solution Architect to lead an Agile team and develop common component products, and design a sustainable architecture that allows consistent, stable reporting.
You'll be comfortable in collaborative environments, working on novel solutions and providing delivery support to technical and business facing communities.
What you'll do
- Acts as a subject matter expert for IT Solutions
- Design and deliver architecture for business solutions throughout the solution design process
- Design and review products and features and ensure they meet target architecture
- Ensure non-functional requirements are clear and understandable
- Ensure designs are peer reviewed and approved in line with governance processes
- Ensure defined architectures aligns with operational risk controls, regulatory standards and policies
- Advise on new and emerging technology and trends and their benefits and impacts
- Provide consultancy to business and IT teams
- Deliver a connected service, and engage and build trust with customers, colleagues and stakeholders
- Build and maintain awareness for group-wide architecture and technology
- Build strong stakeholder relationships and use your knowledge and skills to influence decisions
- Work closely with Scrum teams to develop solutions
- Explain designs to technical and non-technical audiences
Do you want to join an ambitious, fast-growing, global company? How about working on dynamic projects and complex transformations? Or providing strategy where your opinion matters?
The client has over 13,000 members of staff, 22 worldwide locations and a unique mix of end-to-end digital, business and technology services, we help clients solve complex challenges with modern, innovative solutions.
They are big enough to be taken seriously, yet small enough to operate as a boutique consultancy with an agile, open, relationship-driven approach.
Their clients come to them with problems that need genuine thought, intelligence and knowledge; we're not just putting bodies on seats.
Please send a copy of your CV in Word format for immediate and confidential interviews