Talent Development Manager
Posted on Nov 24, 2022 by J & C Associates Ltd
We are IT Recruitment Specialists partnered with a prestigious Global Consultancy who required a Talent Development Manager - Manchester/Blackpool - 2 days/week in office but may need some travel to client site for one of their public sector Clients based in UK.
- IR35: This role is inside of IR35
- Initial duration: 6 months
Role and tasks
Proven experience of delivery of talent programmes including apprenticeships, graduate schemes. Experience of scoping and implementing talent development programmes to grow capability and bridge skills gaps. based on the business needs.
Working with stakeholders to understand their department's capability and development needs, provide options and the right advice on how best to meet their requirements and then put in place the most effective solution.
- Working with stakeholders to understand their apprenticeship demand and be accountable for the delivery of the end-to-end apprenticeship cycle including procurement, supplier management, recruitment of apprentices, on programme experience.
- Understand departments capability and development focus and provide the right advice on how best to meet their requirements. This may include, interns and trainees, to running events and workshops, to sourcing a new supplier, evaluating programme impact or designing and delivering impactful and inclusive talent development initiatives.
- Scope, design and implement talent initiatives that develop and retain talent.
- Liaise with internal and external departments understanding all the existing activity that is happening across Digital, DWP and wider government, to ensure that we learn lessons, make continuous improvements and leverage joining up where possible.
- For all elements of the role, it's imperative that they work closely with stakeholders and can present ideas and facilitate discussions in an engaging and confident way. They will work with our Digital teams, including technical specialists and senior leaders; trainees and apprentices; HR; external suppliers and partners; other government departments; and teammates within Digital Capability.
- Proven solid experience of working in a capability-build environment with significant expertise in developing, reviewing and executing talent development programmes. This may include apprenticeships, internships, mentoring, diversity programmes and/or other talent development initiatives
- Project Management - able to plan effectively, deal with multiple high-pressure priorities and report effectively on progress
- Communicating and influencing - able to present information in a range of ways; confident and clear in articulating complex and detailed content; can communicate to persuade and engage
- Relationship Management - Strong skills in forging positive relationships and managing stakeholders at all levels, from a wide range of backgrounds across a complex and/or large organisation
If you are interested in this position and would like to learn more, please send through your CV and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible. Please note, candidates are often Shortlisted within 48 hours.