Product Manager - Specialist in Support Services OR IaaS
Posted on Nov 23, 2022 by Global Technology Solutions Ltd
Product Manager - ITSM MSP
Permanent - Location London, or Peterborough - Hybrid working (following induction)
Salary - £50-£55 p/a + £5k annual performance bonus.
We require a number of Product Managers. Specialising in either IaaS compute and Software, or Support Services.
As a Product Manager you will set standard for customer-driven agile innovation; executed in close collaboration with diverse teams across the business. This role also requires a high degree of business acumen, technical proficiency, and people skills.
As we are committed to build diverse teams, this is a fantastic opportunity to get involved and enable us to provide the best service to our customers by ensuring we consider things from all perspectives. We actively work to develop, support, and encourage our staff members to become the very best they can, therefore, you will also
have opportunities to progress, arising locally or across the wider company.
What you'll do
* Establish and maintain relationships with the key business and technology stakeholders
o Develop and maintain great working relationships with sales teams, services teams, and third parties
o Act as authority on product management for services related to managed service and Cloud Care propositions.
o Proactively attend relevant vendor events and be the "go-to" individual for your aligned products and services
* Perform (internal or external) customer research using cost-effective means of gaining insight into the "voice of the customer"
o Conduct and manage market research collectively with sales teams to define appropriate market rate pricing for new services
o Facilitate and drive alignment among key stakeholders, provide support to Business Development Managers during the sales process
o Work with key stakeholders to develop and refine business and pricing models for the product. Create cost models for services in collaboration with FP&A/Finance representatives
* Continually monitor and optimise the product while in market. o Identify and champion toolsets that complement services
o Utilise and help refine standards for product design and management Product Delivery Management
* Ensure the company is prepared to deliver and support the product throughout its life cycle by owning the process of definition, prototype, launch, and refining of the products and services.
* Collaborate and coordinate with other product managers to avoid duplication and manage dependencies o Define and maintain a roadmap of future products and enhancements that is aligned with the overall business strategy and vendor roadmaps
* Collaborate closely with sales and delivery teams
o Define, document, and oversee internal process that support launched services
o Provide effective training and workshops for various groups including sales and services on the products which have been designed before launch
* Collaborate and coordinate with relevant stakeholders to manage the flow of new ideas and align product/platform architectures and capabilities
What you need to succeed: Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviours Must have:
* Experience working for a Managed Service Provider.
* Experience working for a company providing break fix support services.
* Experience and awareness of key elements of services including support, monitoring, maintenance, and systems management.
* Awareness of a wide range of technologies and products including Storage, Virtualisation, Compute, Networking, Collaboration and Desktop.
* Familiarity with processes and methodologies for product management.
* Accustomed to working with both technical & non-technical teams with the ability to understand and articulate technical details and commercial requirements to all audiences.
* Good analytical ability to understand product performance data and market opportunity data.
Nice to Have:
* Ability to own and execute a process to completion.
* Quality and detail orientated.
* Commercial aptitude to create appropriate solutions.
* Able to create and drive an individual plan based on business strategy.
"In applying for this position, you consent to your personal data being shared with the specified employer and for your details to remain with GTS for as long as is necessary to process your application. See our Privacy Notice for full information
Global Technology Solutions is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.