VMware Hosting Architect
Posted on Nov 23, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a VMware Hosting Architect. Candidate will work in close collaboration with other engineering development teams, partnering with them and other business/technical leaders to facilitate the development of underlying hosting infrastructure that supports their application's needs.
- Provide vision and direction for the future of our Cloud and On-Premise Data Infrastructure.
- Act as trusted advisor on internal strategic initiatives by providing objective, practical and relevant ideas, insights and advice.
- Design scalable and highly available hosting solutions and develop comprehensive platform modernization and migration strategies for existing IaaS/PaaS/Container Services environments.
- Create solutions using automation tools such as PowerShell DSC.
- Document current systems and draft and maintain policies, guidelines, and standard operating procedures.
- Document hosting requirements and produce infrastructure build plans.
- Troubleshoot application/database performance issues related to connectivity, access, and security and create topology diagrams for applications and hosting platforms.
- Envision, develop, prove, and recommend innovative solutions meeting current and future business requirements.
- Define, document, publish and governance of platform hosting standards.
- Implement process improvements, methodologies, and/or strategies based on organization goals and business needs.
- Design data recovery and backup system and define data retention, backup, and recovery methods and plans.
- Ultimately, you will be responsible for design and build of Reynolds server environment on-premise and cloud-based solutions ensuring that they are reliable, secure and delivered on time.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years' experience as a VMware Architect/Administrator for a large enterprise
- 5+ years' experience with architecture, design, configuration, and deployment within the AWS platform
- 5+ years' experience with Windows Server OS, Linux OS, Web SSO, SAML, OAuth2, and Active Directory
- Strong understanding of networking (OSI Model, Designing Topologies, Routing Protocols, virtual Switches native to VSAN)
- Strong working knowledge and hands on experience with AWS EC2, S3, RDS, Cloudwatch, Load Balancers, VPCs, and Transit Gateways
- Certified AWS Solutions Architect, preferred
- Knowledge of Ignio and Centilytics, preferred
- Demonstrated experience configuring and upgrading single ESXi hosts to 2-node VSANs and multi-node VSAN Clusters, preferred