Developer Experience & Platform Engineer
Posted on Nov 23, 2022 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent Full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for a Developer Experience & Platform Engineer. This position will focus on Python application development to build automation on the company's GCP Platform. This engineer will need to have heavy experience with python development, Harness, Git, DevOps, IaC, CICD, Terraform, and Google Cloud Platform.
- As part of the Platform Engineering team, you will be working on a large multi-project GCP environment and developer enablement tooling that our internal application development teams rely on.
- Serve as a software engineering SME for integration, automation, reliability, monitoring, and operations of the overall platform's IaC and CI/CD tooling enablement Developer Experience platform.
- Work across Platform Engineering teams to ensure a seamless integration of the enablement services in our internal developer cloud platforms to provide capabilities to Dun & Bradstreet's development and product aligned engineering teams to meet the needs of the business.
- Help document, advocate, and formalize patterns for resilience, availability, security, monitoring and alerting that is integrated into firm systems such as CMDB.
- Make heavy use of DevOps tools & approaches, including Terraform Cloud, GitHub Enterprise, Artifactory, Harness, Vault, Packer, etc.
- Create tools for automating deployment, monitoring and operations of the overall platform
- Participate in the Architecture Review Process and pull-request code and document reviews to help steer developers towards platform solutions whilst gathering requirements to ensure we close functional gaps on the platform (eg, style guidelines, accuracy, testability, and efficiency)
- 7+ years primarily in a software development role with python, golang or similar.
- 5+ years of extensive hands-on experience with various industry standard SDLC and Cloud IaC tools and libraries such as Github Enterprise, Terraform Cloud + Sentinel, Jira, Hashicorp Packer & Vault, Splunk, Artifactory, tox, pytest, Jenkins, Harness.io and Azure Active Directory.
- 5+ years of experience designing, developing, and maintaining application system integrations -operating in varied complex application environments, with concepts pertaining to system availability, resiliency, security, and recoverability across Cloud, Linux, Windows and IaaS platforms like Kubernetes with Docker and running service mesh and API gateways.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related technical field
- 5+ years in an enterprise-level infrastructure platform role in security, cloud networking and SDLC related technologies, eg PKI, TLS, DNS, Secrets Management, Ci/CD, RBAC, Remote Access, SSO/OAUTH and DevSecOps code scanning.
- Experience in 1 of the primary public cloud providers is a must. Direct experience in GCP is preferable.