Senior Product Manager
Posted on Nov 23, 2022 by MP Recruitment Group
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for researching and developing a deep understanding of current and potential new markets and/or technology to identify business opportunities to expand portfolio, in line with the Technology and Growth vision. The Senior Product Manager is then responsible for the creation and delivery of value propositions for these opportunities and the overall strategic direction of their portfolio. They will need to drive and champion this both within the company and in the marketplace.
Duties and responsibilities
Strategic Business Management
- Drive the definition of the 2-to-3-year product strategy and have input in the 3-5 years product strategy and associated roadmap with the Growth and Innovation team
- Develop, implement and manage a market led propositions strategy for their product set, including service levels and all associated accessories.
- Fully understand the target market and customers current and future needs and use this knowledge to guide product development and plan new product introductions.
- Create and be responsible for reviewing value propositions and business cases for opportunities that are being brought to market
- Identify and validate new business opportunities, alongside Business Development Manager and Commercial Managers, through product introductions or bundling of products/capabilities, ensuring they are relevant to their designated market.
- Develop go-to-market strategies with the marketing team to support new product introductions and the attainment of financial objectives.
- Manage the product portfolio ensuring cost and returns are in-line with business plans.
- Support/Lead the efforts to handover innovation and growth opportunities to the Core business.
New Product Development Projects
- Delivering projects and associated products within the roadmap; involved in project teams, using tools such as agile.
- Lead NPD meetings and NPD review meetings
- Provide necessary documentation for NPD meetings, including product definitions, business plans etc.
- Use market knowledge to develop propositions to maximise return from potential market opportunities.
- Drive activities with all parts of company to ensure propositions meet the requirements of the end customers or market, while being aware of and balancing against the pressures applied across the business in order to avoid over/underloading of resources
- Lead the development, implementation and delivery processes that steer product development and provide essential information for decision making on features/functionality, time and cost trade-offs.
- Provide customer benefit level product input for other parts of the business, as needed.
- Identify areas for business process improvement and lead their implementation.
- Provide the customer (potential or current) link to R&D by understanding the customers requirements and composing them into product definitions or customer problem statements.
- Input into new business model design where required.
- Develop a deep understanding of markets and/or technology that could impact new product and/or market opportunities leading to potential diversification of revenue: customers; competitors, government or country specific legislation, technology trends etc.
- Engage with end customers, representatives and partners at all levels in order to improve market understanding and also to champion company propositions.
- Support and attend exhibitions, trade shows and conference when relevant to gain market insight, research competitors and collect customer feedback.
Assisting Channel Partners
- Develop strong relationships with Channel Partners ensuring regular contact in conjunction with Channel Managers, to review sales, marketing opportunities.
Daily Product Management
- Conduct early-life product reviews and gather customer feedback to inform iterative development opportunities.
- Update and communicate the Overall Product Roadmap to the business, as well as externally to Channel Partners.
- Be a clear leader of Product Management activity both within the business and externally, to show thought leadership and engagement in relevant markets.
- Support sales in business development, product training, strategic customer presentations and meetings.
- Determine pricing and ensure planned contribution levels are achieved as well as coordinating pricing synergy across all product pricing.
- Support the production of user manuals, datasheets and other technical documents.
- Monitor the performance of product order intake/revenue/margin/market penetration of new market or product introductions and drive activities that will lead to positive changes in product uptake and revenue generation.
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively cross functionally across technical, commercial and operational teams.
- Willing to attend trade shows in order to understand the industry and its needs in detail.
- Candidates should have a research background that can be applied to new technologies/markets and how they intersect.
- In addition, candidates should be experienced in developing their market knowledge to maximise return on potential opportunities.
- Candidates will have experience of working in a commercial environment, rather than being a typical 'Technical Product Manager'.
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.