Posted on Nov 23, 2022 by Spectrum IT Recruitment (South) Ltd
Software Architect required by an established company located in Gulidford. This is a brand new role born out of expansion. The Software Architect will be the third member of a designated software architecture team working in close conjunction with a team of Software Developers in an enterprise .NET web application environment.
The role would suit a Senior .NET Developer or Tech Lead looking to transition into a purely design & architecture focused role. There would no expectation to do any hands on coding in the role apart from very occasionally supporting developers on an urgent project delivery.
This is a hybrid role which would involve 2 days a month in the office in Guildford.
The Software Architect will work as the technical lead on projects. Key responsibillities will include;
- Creation of technical designs taking into account functional and non-functional (security, performance, reliability, scalability etc) requirements
- Discussing technical issues and concepts with non-technical stakeholders across the business
- Prototyping and experimenting technical designs
- Technical documentation
- Creation of technical designs for enterprise level software development
- Service Oriented Architecture and/or Microservice architecture
- Technical background in enterprise .NET web application development - C#, MVC, SQL, APIs etc
- Experience communicating with technical and non technical colleagues and stakeholders
- SOLID principles
Experience in any of the following areas would be advantageous, but it not essential;
- Development or troubleshooting of web services
- Distributed source control
- EpiServer CMS
- CRM Dynamics
- Test driven development
- Automated testing
The company work a 35 hour working week and also offer 30 days holiday plus Bank Holidays. Please contact (see below) for more information