Posted on Nov 23, 2022 by Digital Skills Ltd
Senior DevOps Engineer, Up to £90,000 per annum plus excellent benefits and pension scheme, remote working
You must be eligible for SC Clearance; lived in the UK for the last 5 years.
Our client is a hugely successful international consultancy, who have a long history in engineering for the various environments, their approach delivers excellent performance for customers and shareholders worldwide.
My client builds and operates ground-breaking, high performance, cloud-based data infrastructure for some fantastic clients.
You will help lead the development and development of secure cloud environments hosting data and batch/Real Time analytical platforms for public and private sector clients, leveraging the latest commercial and open-source technologies and techniques.
This also involves building automated deployments using configuration management technology, deploying new modules, upgrades and fixes to test and production environments.
You will be working in a growing and experienced team consisting of DevOps engineers, software engineers, DBAs, architects and other SMEs, in addition to agile delivery and project managers.
- Build, test and deploy cloud-based infrastructure and applications using CI/CD and Infrastructure-as-Code
- Contribute to the coding of custom test automation frameworks
- Performs script maintenance and updates due to changes in requirements or implementations
- Assists with setup/maintenance of environments for both manual and automated testing
- Assist in production support through the investigation and resolution of incidents
- Performs ongoing routine application maintenance tasks
- Assist in conducting gap analysis, identifying feasible alternative solutions, and assisting in the scope of modifications
- Participates in the contingency planning, including reliable backup and restore procedures
- Documents functions and changes to new or modified modules and test activities/results
- Commercial Experience in deploying and operating infrastructure (network, Servers, services) and applications on AWS and other cloud environments
- Developing and operating using open source and commercial software within a cloud-centric environment
- Server build and administration, Linux and Windows
- GitHub/GitLab for source control and performing code reviews as part of the build and deployment cycle
- CI/CD and Infrastructure-as-Code technologies, eg Terraform and Ansible
- Test Driven Development with appropriate tools and frameworks
- Experience of cloud orchestration and containerisation technologies, such as Docker
- Knowledge of large-scale databases and distributed technologies, such as Kafka
If you think you are right for this role, please apply.