Posted on Nov 23, 2022 by IO Associates
Multiple roles available
Location: Bristol, Fareham, Wincanton or Farnborough
Salary: Up to £65k per annum DOE
iO associates have partnered with a global professional services and technology company, that specialise in the defence, energy, and space industries. The company manufactures bespoke engineering solutions, creates digital solutions for safety critical systems, and provides a consulting service for national government bodies, international institutions and global prime contractors.
Just 6 years ago the business was 6 individuals in a room and they're now 150+. With their growth they have maintained that small business feel where each employee is valued and looked after. Demonstrated by their pioneering of the Working From Home structure (before the pandemic) they believe that their employees should work where they feel most productive.
Their growth and reputation in the market has been born out of providing a productive and continuous improvement ethos. The business regularly hosts office wide events, encourages further learning and chartership and is pro funding staff endeavours to better themselves.
As a Cost Engineer you will be facilitating the delivery of technical consulting projects through providing estimates of procurement and in-service costs. You will also be leading workshops with customers and SMEs to improve understanding of overall project costs. You will use your knowledge of business cases, investment appraisals and cost benefit analysis to support the delivery team.
The role will involve
- Supporting project teams by ensuring value for money through reviewing proposals and plans
- Maintaining relationships with customers and building new relationships
- Using statistical tools and methods to help facilitate the delivery of projects
- Hold an SC Clearance, or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check upon starting employment
- Good knowledge of statistics in support of risk assessment and parametric modelling
- Experience or knowledge of Cost model development
- Be a member of an appropriate professional body and have a desire for further professional development
- Ideally be educated to degree level
If you are interested please apply through the website, and we will be in contact soon.