Low Latency Linux Engineer
Posted on Nov 23, 2022 by Myles Roberts
Myles Roberts is supporting a leading, global Bank to recruit a Low Latency Engineer who will be working as part of the bank's exciting large transformation programme. The contract will initially for 12 months but comes with a strong possibility to extend long term. This role is UK based but can be worked from home as the team is supportive of remote working.
What you will be doing
You will be working as a part of Infrastructure DevOps team who look at e-trading applications, pricing, CME access and more.
A key responsibility includes assisting the development team managing the infrastructure, performance analysis and tuning of the existing applications and infrastructure.
Skills & experience needed
- Strong experience with Linux Kernel and tuning skills
- Demonstrated experience working closely with low latency infrastructure.
- Strong understanding of hardware layer of software execution stack such as CPU components, QPI/NUMA, RDIMM etc
- Deep understanding of networking (all OSI layers) and familiarity with PTP
- Hands on experience with RHEL7/8 server administration and patching
- Experience relevant to Automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins etc
If you are interested in applying for this role, please forward over your application for immediate review and call back to discuss further.
Myles Roberts is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.