Quant Developer - Excel, VBA, Python, Front Office Trading
Posted on Nov 23, 2022 by NP Group
Investment Banking/Investment Management
£125,000 plus excellent package & Bonus
Key Skills: Quant, Software Development, OO, Excel, VBA, SQL, BI, Python, DevOps, Agile, Investment Banking (Trading, Financial Derivatives), Mathematics.
Highly reputed Investment Management organisation who are enjoying tremendous global growth have created a number of new positions within Trading IT. This role presents an exciting opportunity to help design, resource and build a new, robust best-in-class Cloud proposition.
- The workings of multiple existing Excel-based financial applications used to support the company's money broking and commercial data businesses.
- The in-house XLL analytics library's capabilities and how those are applied in the above applications to bootstrap curves and price financial derivatives
Experience & Skills Required
- Quant Development experience in Investment banking/Investment Management environments, ideally in a Trading environment.
- 5 years commercial experience in software development using Excel & VBA skills
- User interface programming using Excel/VBA event handling
- Excel as a Real Time dynamic data environment
- Solid experience working with SQL, some knowledge of BI tools
- Python development experience
- C# development experience
- Experienced in DevOps deployments (Agile/DevOps/methodology certification will be a plus)
- Professional software development experience including Object Orientated and functional development patterns (Formal software development training).
- Good understanding of Financial Instruments and Asset Classes
- A graduate-level or above qualification in a mathematics-based subject (science, engineering, math's, statistics) or significant relevant experience of applying mathematic knowledge in the workplace
Networking People (UK) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.