Cyber Threat Hunter
Posted on Nov 23, 2022 by Lawrence Harvey
Cyber Threat Hunter
Salary - Up to £65k + Bonus + Benefits
Location - Greater Manchester (Hybrid 3 days)
I am currently supporting a global banking giant as they look to build out their brand new dedicated cyber threat hunting capability. Working directly on complex attack plans/vectors you will be tasked with identifying high level threats to the business.
You will be joining a team of dedicated SME's and working directly with the existing in-house red team capacity to identify potential threats and implement controls to mitigate against them.
- You will continuously be driving forward the improvement of the security posture and resilience of the organization to counteract the incoming threats by developing the mitigation and countermeasures tools.
- Working coherently with the security engineering team to develop use-cases and improve the overall efficiency of the CTH team.
- Perform threat hunting campaigns utilizing information on adversary TTPs and knowledge of how they manifest in security data sources & system telemetry.
- Strong knowledge of the development and deployment of advanced security monitoring techniques and the creation of new (CTH) use cases.
- Previous experience working in a dedicated Cyber Threat Hunting (CTH) team or advanced SOC/CSIRT capability.
- Proven experience in identifying and reacting to attacker methodologies and external attack infrastructures.
This is a seriously exciting opportunity to join one of the most prestigious banking institutions globally with one of the most advanced Cyber Security capabilities and be at the forefront of a brand-new pillar of their Cyber function. If you are a cyber defence specialist with the ambition to help drive forward a brand-new purple team functions, then click apply or reach out directly!
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position.