Information and Analytics Manager
Posted on Nov 23, 2022 by Michael Page Technology
Delivering creative analysis and intelligence through a set of cohesive visualisations providing necessary insight, metrics, performance and operational performance.
The Government Property Agency is changing the way the Civil Service works and is at the forefront of Government's transformation agenda across England and Wales; reshaping the relationship civil servants have with their place of work. The Agency is central to the delivery of key Government policies including moving 22,000 Civil Service roles out of London by 2030 and tackling climate change by contributing to the Net Zero agenda. To do this we are delivering a major change programme across the UK and consolidating our portfolio in order to save £1.4 Bn over 10 years. Beyond the bricks and mortar, the GPA is about providing great workplaces for our people.
Through programmes like Hubs, Whitehall Campus and Smart Working you will be in the vanguard of creating model working environments and promoting flexible working practices. This is an ambitious and exciting task, for which we need innovative people, with strong commercial acumen, who are passionate about visualising and implementing customer needs. Launched as an Executive Agency of the Cabinet Office in 2018, we're a relatively new department and we are growing fast so we also need people who thrive in ambiguity, can adapt quickly to change and are comfortable stepping outside of their remit to drive outcomes.
The GPA is committed to representing the communities we serve by making Diversity, Equality and Inclusion part of everything we do.
To ensure that we are always recruiting and retaining a diverse mix of talent, we are particularly inviting applications from candidates who are disabled, ethnically or gender diverse, and people who identify as being part of the LGBTQ+ community."
The Information and Analytics Manager will be responsible for line managing a few data analytics developers aligned to business units. You will assist your team in the scoping, planning and delivery of analytics projects, primarily in Powerbi and also AWS Quicksight. You will introduce thought-leadership on how to deliver excellent analytics to the wider team, introducing information management and promoting the use of Business Intelligence & reporting solutions.
You will achieve this by;
- Embedding good information management practises across GPA
- Delivering actionable insights
- Creating Data Products and Analytics
- Empowering people across the business with easy access to relevant data they trust
- Fostering data literacy and a scientific approach to data
- Where required, leads the strategic design and ongoing maintenance of related data, processes, systems and applications
- Execute process review impacting Business Analysis to identify areas of opportunities for enhancements, improvements and/or gained efficiency's
- Possesses an understanding of moderate client environment(s) and expectations to successfully engage and deliver to strategic client objectives
- Ensures that project/department milestones are met timely and efficiently
- Periodic review of documentation within the team's scope and responsibilities
- Provide periodical update and resolve escalation with internal and/or external clients/sales counterparts
- Effectively partner and build strong business relationships with both internal and/or external stakeholders to ensure client expectations are met
- Lead, coach and motivate the team to achieve specific business targets and meet assigned performance targets to ensure high client satisfaction
- Collaborate with cross-functional team(s) and management to optimise processes and systems
- Ensure high level of professionalism during all interactions with team and client
The candidate is expected to develop relationships with key stakeholders to support GPA's strategic priorities.
- Work with Head of Business Intelligence to create a Business Intelligence roadmap aligned to the needs of the business
- Analyse complex datasets, information reports and suitability of analytical products
- Help develop and deliver internal specialised training
- Contribute to the implementation of complex information projects
- Interpret client requests and develop local Statements of Work for delivery within the team
- The post holder is expected work alongside other information teams across GPA and Cabinet Office, sharing knowledge and local intelligence and providing peer support and challenge.
- Develop and monitor outcomes-based reporting, to provide analysis and modelling that supports both operational decision-making, and development of new reporting services across the partnership.
The candidate will work in partnership with teams across GPA, to reduce duplication and ensure consistency in approach and data products.
- Ability to work effectively across different functions across Public Sector and Government with both internally and external clients, having the mindset of solving for the customer
- Consistent track record of success with a demonstrated passion for exceptional customer experience and driving team results
- Candidates must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
- Ability to manage multiple-priorities
- Degree in Data Science, Data Analytics, Computer Science or other related degrees or up to 3 years of college or technical school
- Strong working knowledge of advanced analysis solutions/tools (such as OLTP/OLAP data structures, advanced excel, Tableau, Power BI, Business Objects)
What's on Offer
A chance for the Information and Analytics manager, to help the Government transform and achieve its Net Zero climate objective.
Salary £50197 - £56524 plus benefits
Location can be any of the following offices:
- Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check. Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is Security Check.
- See our vetting charter. People working with government assets must complete basic personnel security standard checks.
- You will also either be Security Cleared or prepared to undergo clearance to be appointed in this role.
- To ensure a fair and open process all candidates must apply using the provided link and within the deadline of the 12th of December 2022. Your application will then be reviewed and scored against job requirements and if successful you will be contacted for first stage screening by Michael Page.
This vacancy uses Civil Service Success Profiles, and will assess your Behaviours, Strengths, Experience and Technical skills.
Applicants successful at sift will be scored against the following Behaviours at interview:
- Managing a quality service
- Making Effective Decisions
- Developing self and others
- Delivering at pace
Candidates will also be assessed against Strengths and Technical Skills (GPA Core Skills) at interview.
- Customer Perspective
- Commercial Acumen
- Property Market Knowledge