Workday Financials Manager
Posted on Nov 23, 2022 by Robert Walters
The team use their functional knowledge and experience (eg Finance, HR, Procurement), coupled with their expertise in the cloud applications (eg Oracle, Workday, Coupa, SAP) to lead and deliver client programmes, to support pre-sales activities and to develop improvement and extensions to the Powered Enterprise model.
* Recognises the importance of continuous self and team development and actively strives to achieve this.
* Helps others to understand how their work contributes to the overall success of an engagement and the wider firm
* Builds strong global relationships and actively seeking out the global network's best experts to address client needs
* Communicates compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems
* Builds constructive working relationships across different teams, functions, countries or cultures
* Fosters a sense of self belief and confidence in others
* Seeks to understand other's motivations
* Supports others to make brave decisions
* Educated to degree level or equivalent.
* An understanding of the key business issues/drivers that result in clients pursuing Finance transformation programmes (eg cost reduction, insight led improvement etc.).
* Experience of multiple industry sectors (eg Media, Services, Retail, Banking, Insurance, Local and Central Government etc.).
* Strong influencing skills, with the ability to land key decisions with senior leaders and key business stakeholders.
* Experience of multiple Workday Finance ERP implementation project life cycles, from presales, scoping and planning through to post go live support, as a Solution Architect.
* Detailed knowledge of Workday Finance enabled end-to-end business process across Finance and Procurement.
* A background in designing and delivering end-to-end business processes across multiple functional areas including Invoice to Cash (Receivables, Collection and Cash Management), Record to Report (General Ledger including Intercompany), Procure to Pay (Sourcing, Procurement, Payables and Payments), Acquire to Retire (Fixed Assets), Project to Result (Project Management and Project Accounting - Costing and Billing), within Workday Finance.
* Broad knowledge of other Workday product sets like HR and Payroll solutions
* An understanding of the functional, application and technical architectural elements of an Workday Finance programme.
* Experience of operating and implementing in a cloud environment and understanding the impacts of implementing and operating on the cloud versus on premise.
* Understanding of an Workday Finance delivery life cycle using Workday's methodology or equivalent delivery method.
* Experience of managing a team of 10+ colleagues, including client and third parties.
* Experience in planning and estimating Workday Finance programmes.
* An appreciation of the influence of user experience-based design eg Personas, user journeys and how this can be used to augment a solution.
* Strong documentation, reporting and presentation skills in both a virtual and in person mode.
* Well-developed analytical skills and the ability to provide clarity to complex issues, and synthesise large amounts of information
* Experience producing project deliverables (business requirements, functional specs, configuration document, process flows, use cases, requirements traceability matrices etc.)
* Strong Microsoft Office skills particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Projects
* Strong interpersonal, team building, organisational and motivational skills
* Fast learner with an ability to get up-to-speed in a short space of time
* Ability to convey ideas and recommendations in a clear, compelling and succinct way in written and verbal communications
* Good attention to detail and an ability to analyse and use data in decision making
* Strong organisational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities
* Experience identifying, diagnosing and resolving issues independently; taking initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances
* Anticipates need to re-prioritise; can shift gears and comfortably makes decisions based on new information
Robert Walters Operations Limited is an employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates