Posted on Nov 23, 2022 by Global Technology Solutions Ltd
location: Warton, Preston
Salary: £35,000-£45,000 DOE
The successful candidate will work on site, Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:30 in a fast-paced environment managing and maintaining the enterprise network.
Working as part of the team you will gain access to a large library of training courses and accreditations to help further your skills and development.
The company also offer an excellent benefits package including personal pension plan and various other flexible benefits including private medical cover, life insurance and flexible holiday to name a few.
Due to the nature of our client's work the successful candidate will need to either hold or be able to obtain SC Security Clearance. For this reason, we are only able to progress with applications who already hold BPSS Clearance.
Key responsibilities include:
* Delivering network engineering projects and handling advanced support issues
* Installing, configuring, and troubleshooting various network architecture and hardware
* Designing and implementing business solutions using common network equipment
* Monitoring and diagnosing performance issues
* Drawing up network status reports
* Collaborating with network architects to design and implement functional company networks
* Creating and implementing network security measures
* Mentoring junior Network Engineering staff
* Conducting regular network performance tests
* Delegating networking maintenance tasks to junior staff
* Dealing with escalated network support issues
* Must have current Cisco LAN/WAN - CCNA level experience is required
* Previous work experience as a Networking Engineer with proven experience in Firewalls and LAN/WAN networks
* Advanced knowledge of network operating systems including Cisco, JUNOS, and IOS
* Knowledge of networking hardware including CPUs, wiring, and Routers
* Familiarity with communication and routing protocols
* Analytical and problem-solving skills
* Skilled in time, priority and task management
* Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
* Communication skills to interact with team members and support personnel
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment
* Ability to convey a professional image and deal confidently with technical problems
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, IT or related field/equivalent combination of education and experience
* Excellent leadership and mentoring skills
If you have the skills required, apply now.
In applying for this position, you consent to your personal data being shared with the specified employer and for your details to remain with GTS for as long as is necessary to process your application. See our Privacy Notice for full information
Global Technology Solutions is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.