Posted on Nov 23, 2022 by Michael Page Technology
The Analytics Developer will be responsible for developing, maintaining and supporting the Business Intelligence solutions of the Government Property Agency.
Responsible for collection, aggregation and analysis of data from multiple sources to provide reporting and interactive visualisation for functional management and decision-making users.
Birmingham Leeds Nottingham Manchester Newport Swindon Norwich
The Government Property Agency is changing the way the Civil Service works and is at the forefront of Government's transformation agenda; reshaping the relationship civil servants have with their place of work. The Agency is central to the delivery of key Government policies including moving 22,000 Civil Service roles out of London by 2030 and tackling climate change by contributing to the Net Zero agenda. To do this we are delivering a major change programme across the UK and consolidating our portfolio in order to save £1.4 Bn over 10 years.
Beyond the bricks and mortar, the GPA is about providing great workplaces for our people. Through programmes like Hubs, Whitehall Campus and Smart Working you will be in the vanguard of creating model working environments and promoting flexible working practices.
This is an ambitious and exciting task, for which we need innovative people, with strong commercial acumen, who are passionate about visualising and implementing customer needs. Launched as an Executive Agency of the Cabinet Office in 2018, we're a relatively new department and we are growing fast so we also need people who thrive in ambiguity, can adapt quickly to change and are comfortable stepping outside of their remit to drive outcomes.
Location can be any of the following offices:Birmingham Leeds Nottingham Manchester Newport Swindon Norwich
- The Analytics Developer position in Public Sector and Government is responsible for developing, maintaining, & supporting the Business Intelligence solutions for GPA, This includes the collection, aggregation & analysis of data from multiple sources to provide reporting & interactive visualisation for functional management and decision-making users.
- The Performance Analyst roles within the team will be aligned against the GPA business units, including Workplace Services, Client Solutions and Property
- Collaborating closely with Data Engineers, discussing solutions and troubleshooting data
- Manage and drive the development of information processing and reporting primarily using Microsoft Power Platform (BI, AWS QuickSight, Power Apps, Excel, SSRS, SQL server etc) and other applicable tools
- Design, develop, deliver, and maintain meaningful and sustainable reports and visualisations for business users.
- Work closely with internal functional teams and external stakeholders to ensure information integrity and reporting accuracy
- Participate with Business Systems, Finance and other internal teams to review, analyse, implement and document business processes
- Ensuring high quality documentation is created and maintained to reference the data logic and transformation undertaken
- Proactively sharing new ideas and innovative solutions to enhance the Business Intelligence process and service offering
- Assist with data governance, quality and measurement through processes and documentation experience developing, designing and supporting applications and relational databases
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience developing, designing and supporting applications and relational databases.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Degree in Data Science, Data Analytics, Computer Science or other related degrees or up to 3 years of college or technical school
- Reporting Tools, Power BI/Tableau (advanced level)
- AWS Quicksight/Data Warehouse (advantageous)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Analysis Services (advantageous)
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check. Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is security check. See our vetting charter. People working with government assets must complete basic personnel security standard checks.
To ensure a fair and open process all candidates must apply using the provided link and within the deadline of the 2nd November 2022. Your application will then be reviewed and scored against job requirements and if successful you will be contacted for first stage screening by Michael Page. This vacancy uses Civil Service Success Profiles, and will assess your Behaviours, Strengths, Experience and Technical skills. (Core Skills)Applicants successful at sift will be scored against the following Behaviours at interview:
- Managing a quality service
- Working Together
- Changing & Improving
- Delivering at pace
Candidates will also be assessed against Technical Skills (GPA Core Skills) at interview.
- Customer Perspective
- Commercial Acumen
- Property Market Knowledge
- Competitive Salary
- Learning and development tailored to your role.
- An environment with flexible working options includes the ability to work from home from time to time and the use of flexitime.
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity.
- A Civil Service Pension, with an excellent employer contribution rate.
- Generous annual leave, In addition, employees are entitled to 8 days of public holidays and an additional privilege day for the Queen's Birthday.
- Cycle to work scheme- loan to purchase cycling equipment with typical savings of up to 40%.
- Access to tax free childcare scheme and holiday playschemes.
- Free eye tests.
- Employee discounts through EdenRed.
- Employee Assistance Programme - The support on offer covers a range of topics, including lifestyle, healthy eating, physical and mental health, and financial and legal advice. There is videos and guides and an online chat service
- Location can be any of the following offices: Birmingham Leeds Nottingham Manchester Newport Swindon Norwich
- The package on offer is with a base salary of £37,300 + a POTENTIAL Recruitment & Retention Allowance of up to £3,335, dependent on experience as evidenced at interview. The RRA is non-pensionable and subject to periodic review.