IT Applications Analyst - Banking
Posted on Nov 23, 2022 by Proactive Appointments
Our client is looking for an IT Applications Analyst to join ASAP. The main responsibility is to ensure the operational continuity and effectiveness of business applications and services by providing application administration support to the various financial services systems utilised by the Bank including Olympic (their core banking system), an in-house developed money services platform and other reporting systems.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Five years of Financial Services/Banking system administration experience.
- Knowledge of core banking systems. Specific knowledge of ERI's Olympic banking system is an advantage.
- Business knowledge of financial instruments and accounting principles.
- Experience of providing business application support.
- Experience of using a structured approach to incident and change management of critical production systems.
- Experience of writing business requirements, process maps to procedure level definitions, functional specifications and preparing test scripts.
- Excellent communication and team working skills.
- Understanding of processes and procedures including end of day routines.
- Understands Oracle and SQL Server databases (Database Objects For example Tables, Views, Packages, Procedures, Functions, Triggers).
- Understands virtualisation, application clustering, & containerization technologies
- Understands Middleware & API gateways
- Good knowledge of writing SQL/Linux/Windows scripts.
- Good Knowledge of API, MQ & SFTP services.
- Working knowledge of Linux/AS400/windows Operating Systems.
- Good knowledge of writing and maintaining Financial Reporting Services(SQL Server, Crystal Report, Power BI).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure Platform & Azure Native services.
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills in finding application issues.
- Good Knowledge of Apache Tomcat and deployment of Webservices.
- Good Knowledge of applying application patches and validate them.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
A Bachelor's or master's degree in an IT related field.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website