Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Architect
Posted on Nov 23, 2022 by Capgemini
Job Title: Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Architect
Location: Any UK based Location
Working Pattern: Full-Time, Permanent
The job on offer
Oracle's transformation into a cloud business and their key differentiation as a provider of Enterprise grade public cloud is driving significant growth in the UK and European IT Services sector. Capgemini is proud to be the UK's leading partner for Oracle Cloud implementations and we have strong demand for high quality consulting resources to respond to the opportunities being generated by this growth.
As the largest Independent Oracle Consulting Practice in the UK, Capgemini is at the forefront of delivering innovative solutions, and we understand that one of the keys to our success is the ability for our Consultants to articulate the benefits, approach and strategies for Cloud adoption and evolution. We are looking for experienced and enthusiastic Cloud Infrastructure Architects who can help solve complex business and technical problems while guiding our Customers on their journey to the Cloud.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working Full time isn't necessarily right for everyone, so we'd love to hear from you if you feel you're a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. If you are the right person for this role, we'll find the right working approach for you.
Your primary role will see you take responsibility for the end-to-end Infrastructure Architecture on our large Oracle Cloud implementations, covering Oracle's OCI products set, Oracle PaaS and aspects of SaaS solutions too. Additionally, the role may encompass supporting pre-sales activities and the generation of go-to-market strategies across our UK business.
* You will work as a lead Cloud Architect on complex Cloud implementations. The role will also provide the opportunity to own and deliver Cloud Migration Assessments and Oracle Cloud Solutions across a range of industries. You will be given opportunities to gain exposure to wider Cloud offerings including those across Oracle's IaaS and PaaS portfolios but also in other public or private clouds where appropriate
* As a Cloud Infrastructure Architect, you will work closely with our account teams during sales pursuits - this will include leading client presentations, drafting of RFP/ITT responses, estimating, and also assisting during the contracting process
* You will obtain an opportunity to work in a leading role managing technical and development leads whilst retaining overall architecture responsibility
* You will be a Cloud Infrastructure Architect with expertise across the spectrum of modern infrastructure such as Networking, Compute, Storage, Databases, Replication, Containerization, Event Stream Processing and PaaS deployment, with a focus on Oracle technologies; you may have a background as an SME in one of these areas
* An understanding of modern Cloud-native infrastructure and development practices such as Infrastructure as Code, Configuration Management tooling, DevOps tooling and practices as well as the evolution and operation of CI/CD. You should have an understanding, or working knowledge of Oracle Cloud (OCI), but an understanding of other platforms is
* Experience of end-to-end project delivery and the associated implementation methodologies. Strong communication skills and experience with Distributed Delivery experience (Off-Shore/On-Shore project delivery)
* The ability to build strong and fruitful client relationships and identify and develop opportunities for new business. Passion and a genuine interest for Oracle Cloud technologies and products
* Capability, experience and passion to lead Oracle Cloud Assessments and Engagements with senior CXO level clients. Awareness of Oracle's IaaS and PaaS strategy and portfolio with the ability to confidently articulate their relevance to customers' businesses
Why Capgemini is unique
Employee wellbeing is vitally important to us as an organization. We see a healthy and happy workforce as a critical component for us to achieve our organizational ambitions. To help support wellbeing we have trained 'Mental Health Champions' across each of our business areas. We have also invested in wellbeing apps such as Thrive and Peppy.
We work with a range of clients all with a unique set of business, technological and societal ambitions. Working for Capgemini you get to be at the forefront of designing future experiences, which truly impact our clients and wider society for the better.
Capgemini offers the opportunity to shape your career path, based on your interests and ambitions. For example, if you want to become a 'People Manager' Connected Manager learning journey is there for you. If you want to become an 'Architect' our Global Architect Community offerings can help you get there.
Get the future you want
Growing clients' businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough ask. But when you join Capgemini, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts. A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what's possible. It's why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world's leading businesses. And it's how you'll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future. By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, you'll build the skills you want. And you'll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs. So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is. Capgemini. Get The Future You Want.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 340,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 55years heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2021 global revenues of €18 billion.
Get the Future You Want