Deskside Support Engineer
Posted on Nov 23, 2022 by Sidestep Consulting Ltd
Deskside Support Engineer Windows Active Directory DNS VPN Hardware SCCM
My fantastic client in Southampton is currently looking for a solid Deskside Support Engineer to come on board on a permanent basis. The role will include resolving a wide variety of desktop software and hardware incidents and service requests.
Primary role requirements:
- Responsible for maintaining and promoting highest level of service to the client
- Responsible for Incident ticket handling, escalation, and problem diagnosis
- Desktop/Laptop/VDI - build, configuration, and deployment to end users
- Assist with software installation/deployment
- Assist with Smartphone deployments
Secondary role requirements:
- Assisting the 3rd Line support teams with laptop, desktop and VDI terminals support tickets
- Hardware installation/upgrade/break fix for desktop, laptop, and server
- Smartphone support
- Assisting with customer projects
- Basic telephony support and cable patching
- Provide second line operational support across a variety of platforms.
- Initial investigation and reporting of network failures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10 Operating Systems - Deployment, configuration, and support
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 onwards
- Working knowledge of Active Directory - Users and Computers
- Understanding of DNS, DHCP
- Working knowledge of Cisco AnyConnect VPN
- RSA Secure Login administration
- Proven and demonstrable software and hardware troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft SCCM and OS/Application deployment
This is a permanent role paying 27k per annum and offers access to a large library of training courses and accreditations to help further your skills and development.
If you are a solid Deskside Support Engineer with solid experience Windows, Active Directory, Hardware, and basic networking then please forward your CV ASAP as interviews are being arranged immediately.