Senior Java Developer (Kotlin)
Posted on Nov 23, 2022 by Hays Specialist Recruitment
Senior Java developer
Up to £750/day Inside IR35
Senior Java Developer with experience in Kotlin required on a long term contract role for a London based Banking Client.
The ideal candidate will have commercial experience with:
- Senior Java development with some exposure to Kotlin
- Legacy code to be rewritten from Java to Kotlin
- Backend role reengineering of platform
Hands on Experience:
- Delivered at least one large-scale project to production
- Worked in high performance cross-functional Agile software engineering teams
- Know and have practised basic Agile practices such as Kanban/Scrum/Lean/XP etc, Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Experience with cross-functional roles
- Strong developer with at least 3 years of experience writing clean, production-quality code in Java or Kotlin.
- Familiarity with NoSql and Relational databases (eg, MySQL, MongoDB)
- Able to spot bad user experiences and suggest improvements.
- Good understanding of end-to-end application architecture
- Comfortable in working with cloud infrastructure, infrastructure as a code and familiar with standard logging and monitoring tools used to investigate issues.