Deskside Support Engineer
Posted on Nov 23, 2022 by Global Technology Solutions Ltd
Salary: up to £26,600
Supporting one of our clients based from the site in Southampton, day-to-day activities will include resolving a wide variety of desktop software and hardware incidents and service requests, while minimising disruption and providing first-class customer Service. The site benefits from easy access to travel links, free on-site parking and employee rates at the on-site restaurant.
This is an excellent opportunity to join us and as an employee you will gain access to a large library of training courses and accreditations to help further your skills and development.
We also offer an excellent benefits package including personal pension plan and various other flexible benefits including private medical cover, life insurance and flexible holiday to name a few.
This is a full-time, permanent position working a 37.5-hour week between 07:30 - 17:30, Monday - Thursday and 07:30 - 16:00 on Fridays. The ideal candidate will need to have a flexible approach as overtime and on-call duties may be required.
Due to the nature of our client's work the successful candidate will need to either hold or be able to obtain SC Security Clearance. For this reason, we are only able to progress with applications from British nationals.
Primary role requirements:
* Responsible for maintaining and promoting highest level of service to the client
* Adhering to technical standards, service delivery processes and ensuring service delivery is both cost effective and efficient
* Responsible for Incident ticket handling, escalation and problem diagnosis
* Desktop/Laptop/VDI - build, configuration and deployment to end users
* Assist with software installation/deployment
* Assist with Smarthphone deployments
Secondary role requirements:
* Assisting the 3rd Line support teams with laptop, desktop and VDI terminals support tickets
* Hardware installation/upgrade/break fix for desktop, laptop, and server
* Smarthpone support
* Assisting with customer projects
* Create and update procedural documentation
* Basic telephony support and cable patching
* Provide second line operational support across a variety of platforms.
* Initial investigation and reporting of network failures.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
* Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10 Operating Systems - Deployment, configuration, and support
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 onwards
* Working knowledge of Active Directory - Users and Computers
* Have an understanding of DNS, DHCP
* Working knowledge of Cisco AnyConnect VPN
* RSA Secure Login administration
* Proven and demonstrable software and hardware troubleshooting skills
* Knowledge of Microsoft SCCM and OS/Application deployment
* Good written communication: concise and accurate call logging, documentation and email correspondence
* Able to work well as part of a team or independently
* ITIL Version 3/4 Foundation
* CompTia A+ Certification
* Microsoft Windows 7/10 training and certification
If you feel you have the skills required apply now
"In applying for this position, you consent to your personal data being shared with the specified employer and for your details to remain with GTS for as long as is necessary to process your application. See our Privacy Notice for full information
Global Technology Solutions is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.