Microsoft Azure Devops Engineer
Posted on Nov 23, 2022 by Capgemini
Job Title: Microsoft Azure Devops Engineer
Location: Any UK based location -Hybrid Position
Working Pattern: Full-Time, Permanent
Candidates on Dependent Visa's can apply. They need to be in UK for at least 6 months.
THE ROLE IS NOT SPONSORED.
The job on offer
Capgemini are looking for a Microsoft Azure Devops Engineer in the United Kingdom, to join our UK Practices team.
You'll be joining a passionate, professional and highly skilled team Azure experts who specialise in agile custom software development and integration at an enterprise scale. Innovation in delivery is always at the forefront of our minds, which is why we utilise solutions from the Microsoft stack and a variety of Open Source to achieve the best possible outcome for the client.
We have a world class software engineering community; we invest in doing things right and have plenty to say on the subject.
- Understand the current client/project landscape and define and design the solution architecture
- Work on some of the most bleeding edge Digital/Cloud-based architectures in development today
- Identify the Accelerators that can be introduced to assist with the implementation and adoption of AZURE cloud within the project and organisation.
- Implementation of Could Architecture best practices and process including ensuring the adoption by the development teams.
- Exposure to a variety of industries eg Public Sector, Retail, Utilities, Manufacturing, Transport, Health.
- Broad understanding of DevOps but with in-depth knowledge and experience of implementations with the Microsoft product stack (Azure/.NET, Dynamics or SharePoint, Azure DevOps.
- An understanding of the following areas:
- Understanding of Scripting languages, PowerShell/Basho PaaS, Serverless, IaaS inc VMs, Storage, security configuration
- Applying of security engineering principles (DevSecOps)
- Automation and Configuration Management tools such as Terraform. Azure Services (Application Insights, Azure DevTest Lab, API Management, Web and Mobile Apps,Windows VM etc.)
- Awareness of other CI, CD & build automation tools (Jenkins, Quick Build, Team city, GitLab, Octopus Deploy etc.)
- Awareness of Containers and Container Orchestration tools, eg, Docker, Kubernetes.
Why Capgemini is unique
At Capgemini we don't just believe in Diversity & Inclusion, we actively go out to making it a working reality. Driven by our core values and Active Inclusion Campaign, we build environments where you can bring your whole self to work. Capgemini offers the opportunity to shape your career path, based on your interests and ambitions. For example, if you want to become a 'People Manager' Connected Manager learning journey is there for you. If you want to become an 'Architect' our Global Architect Community offerings can help you get there.
Employee well being is vitally important to us as an organisation. We see a healthy and happy workforce as a critical component for us to achieve our organisational ambitions. To help support well being we have trained 'Mental Health Champions' across each of our business areas. We have also invested in well being apps such as Thrive and Peppy.
We work with a range of clients all with a unique set of business, technological and societal ambitions. Working for Capgemini you get to be at the forefront of designing future experiences, which truly impact our clients and wider society for the better.
Get the future you want
Growing clients' businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough ask. But when you join Capgemini, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts. A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what's possible. It's why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world's leading businesses. And it's how you'll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future. By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, you'll build the skills you want. And you'll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs. So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is. Capgemini. Get The Future You Want.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. It is a responsible and diverse organisation of 340,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 55 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2021 global revenues of €18 billion. Get the Future You Want