Posted on Nov 23, 2022 by Norton Blake
My client are a leading entity in the Geoscience space are looking for an experienced and talented High-Performance Computing (HPC) Architect to join their global HPC and Digital Platform team! This position can pay up to £100k for the right person.
The purpose of this role will be to provide, a high level of strategic and operational support for our HPC clients. This position requires a deep technical understanding of High-Performance Computing from a hardware and software perspective for both compute and storage solutions. To deliver cost optimized HPC solutions for our clients, it is essential that you are capable of working closely with the appropriate stakeholders and technical community.
- Design HPC architectures (CPU & GPU compute and/or storage components), in collaboration with the IT Operations and sourcing team.
- Perform benchmarks to evaluate and validate proposed HPC solutions.
- To act as a high-level expert who can deal with escalated HPC issues.
- Ensure optimal deployment of proposed solutions in production environment.
- Collaborate with our compute and storage vendors to design customized and optimized HPC solutions for my client.
- Research and keep current with advances in software and hardware technologies to guide product improvements
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst our operations teams.
For this role, you will have the opportunity to work on a remote scheme, with occasional working from our Surrey office based on business needs. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
- 3+ years' experience in designing and implementing large-scale HPC architectures.
- Extensive expertise in HPC compute and storage, in both hardware (CPUs, accelerators, interconnects, storage, etc.) and software (Linux components, HPC tools and parallel file systems).
- Strong background in Linux and its ecosystems.
- Experience architecting and deploying OpenStack for HPC.
- Proven experience in fixing operational issues for large-scale HPC infrastructures.
- Broad understanding of latest HPC technologies and ability to implement them in production environment.
- Experience communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.