Digital Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
Posted on Nov 23, 2022 by J & C Associates Ltd
We are IT Recruitment Specialists partnered with a prestigious Global Consultancy who required a Digital Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) - 2 days a week in either Blackpool, Newcastle, Manchester, Sheffield, Leeds office for one of their public sector Clients based in the UK.
- IR35: This role is inside of IR35
- Initial duration: 6 months
Role and tasks
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Consultant
1. Technical Breadth - Has a deep understanding of the technical concepts required in their role and understands how these fit into the wider technical landscape. Understands the limitations of digital technology
2. Release & Deployment - Leads the assessment, analysis, planning and design of release packages, including assessment of risk. Liaises with business and IT partners on release scheduling and communication of progress. Conducts post release reviews. Ensures release processes and procedures are applied and that releases can be rolled back as needed. Identifies, evaluates and manages the adoption of appropriate release and deployment tools, techniques and processes (including automation)
3. Programming & Build - Collaborates with others when necessary to review specifications and uses these agreed standards and tools to design, code, test, correct and document programmes or scripts of medium to high complexity, using the right standards and tools.
Knowledge and Experience required:
eg Previous experience of working for a government dept.
Passionate about improving internal processes
Understanding of security engineering and security best practice
Ability to architect and administer scalable, cloud-native and on premise applications
Strong time management, and change management skills.
Strong communications skills across multiple stakeholder types
Strong skills in setting, communicating, implementing, and achieving business objectives and goals through direct management
Skilled knowledge and ability in modifying and maintaining systems and code developed by other engineers
The ability to lead engineers in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment, delivering products within specific timescales
If you are interested in this position and would like to learn more, please send through your CV and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible. Please note, candidates are often Shortlisted within 48 hours.