Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Wisetek Solutions Ltd
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Engineering Manager to join an established Internationally Traded Services company. A market leader with a global footprint and a who's who of global clients. Wisetek are a global outsourcing provider of Technology Product Lifecycle Services to the world's leading Enterprise IT Corporations, with Product Operation Centres located in Europe, USA & Asia. Wisetek transforms the regulatory requirement for managing products at end of use / end of life into a significant profit generating activity through advanced fully managed outsourced services. Wisetek assembles, configures and test new complex IT systems for specific customer sales delivery programs in each global sales region USA, EMEA and Asia. The Company has recently merged its US Operations with Data Killers whom are one of the biggest destruction services firms in the US. This new company will become one of the largest suppliers of refurbished IT equipment in the world. The Wisetek culture is derived from the people that create it. Our company was built on a foundation of innovation and excellence and as we grow, we continue to seek these qualities in each person that joins our team. Wisetek are seeking an Engineering Manager with experience working in a fast-paced facility to improve the operations and processes.
Job Purpose and Responsibilities:
- Lead, develop and mentor the Engineering team
- Manage IT hardware team
- Involved in process innovation and design for new processes or equipment
- Working with the Operations Team on resolving all customer related issues to ensure achievement of customer satisfaction.
- Improve processes and SOP's
- Evaluate new materials and suppliers
- 5S and Lean practice management
- Keep up to date with all aspects of testing and measurement of product quality
- Operate quality management system
- Managing the engineering & IT hardware budget to include the assembly of yearly budgets, adhering to budgets, instigating cost improvement projects to reduce budget spend and management of the capital expenditure programme
- Ensuring all engineering work is carried out to appropriate standards including current Environmental Health and Safety Standards and Legislation
- Relevant Qualification in Engineering or Science.
- Experience in and knowledge of ITAD industry an advantage
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong influencing, networking and team working skills
- Several years in manufacturing engineering environment
- Experience IT hardware and networking an advantage
- The ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
- High-level awareness of developments in the Information Technology marketplace
- Proficiency in planning, change management and problem-solving
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Project Management experience
- Knowledge of Six Sigma/Lean Processes
Wisetek is an equal opportunities employer.