Manager Cyber Threat Detection and Response
Posted on Nov 22, 2022 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Manager External Identity Operations - Threat/Incident Response
SALARY: $225k plus 20% bonus
LOCATION: 100% Remote
You will manage 8 people in threat defense and incident response. You will manage over multiple operating systems applications networks and extract indicators of compromise. Cyber threats, digital forensics, threat protection design build and run infrastructure and automation to detect contain and eradicate security threats open security standards
The Manager of Cyber Risk Event Management will lead the team responsible for predicting, detecting, and responding to cyber risk events corresponding to security and appropriate use threats. The primary objectives for the role will be to establish and maintain cross-functional relationships that enable end-to-end enterprise incident response and to drive the adoption of innovative technologies and practices that proactively improve our ability to prevent, detect, disrupt, investigate, respond to, and recover from sophisticated threats.
How you will make an impact:
- Lead the evolution of a best-in-class security threat management program, incorporating cutting edge techniques in automation, machine learning, and distributed threat protection to broaden, deepen, and sharpen out capabilities to rapidly identify and eradicate cyber security threats.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders from legal, corporate communications, privacy, compliance, facilities, and business continuity planning to mature enterprise end-to-end incident response plans and develop targeted playbooks to address emergent threats to the business.
- Partner with architecture, infrastructure, cloud, and application development teams to establish and maintain comprehensive visibility into potential risk events across a hybrid cloud environment.
- Sustain an agile, threat intelligence-driven continuous improvement process that leverages micro-purple testing techniques, hypothesis-based threat hunting, and the MITRE ATT&CK framework to identify and prioritize development of missing or ineffective telemetry, detection capabilities, and response playbooks required to detect, prevent, and respond to cyber risk events originating from threat actors that are targeting Delta Dental of California.
- Define the strategy for cyber threat management, including the maintenance of the roadmap of technology and process architectures that document the target and working states of cyber risk event management services and a multi-year plan to close gaps against the target state while keeping current with changes to technology and threat landscapes.
- Develop strong working relationships with other leaders in the information technology organization by providing continuous assistance and thought leadership.
- Establish and maintain relationships with suppliers and business partners in the information security industry.
- Educate, coach, and mentor a team on technical, interpersonal, and team dynamics, company policy & procedures, and other topics.
- Take an active role in fostering a culture of learning and excellence.
- This list is not all-inclusive, and you are expected to perform other duties as requested or assigned.
What we look for:
- 7+ years of experience defending heterogenous enterprise environments. Red teaming or other offence-oriented experience a plus.
- Experience with one or more of the following: cyber threat intelligence, threat hunting, detection content development, security data management, applied machine learning, cyber risk event triage and analysis, security incident response.
- Demonstrated skill in developing and presenting on technical concepts to non-technical audiences, including project and product managers and non-technical leadership.
- Experience in authoring, reviewing, and presenting technical and process documentation including requirements, architecture diagrams and sequence/flow diagrams.
- Hands-on experience in development, implementation, roll-out and operations of threat management solutions.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development and technology management life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations; Agile or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) a plus.
- Previous experience with a major cloud platform, such as AWS or Azure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A team player
- Voracious appetite for continuous learning and improvement
- Bachelor's degree
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation, 12 holidays, 9 sick days and your birthday off!
- Low-cost premium medical insurance options
- 100% paid dental and vision insurance
- Generous 401(k) matching and flat contribution
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities, including 16 paid volunteer hours annually
- Employee LiveWell program, focusing on overall employee well-being
- Fertility and diabetes benefits
- Employee discount program: AT&T/Verizon, entertainment, travel, and more!
- Culture of learning: career development and tuition reimbursement
- Career growth: we love promoting from within