Sourcing Manager NFL
Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Fanatics, Inc.
This position is responsible for managing the successful execution sourced programs for organization. Represents organization in dealings with international agents and/or vendor base, managing strategic relationships with preferred agents, vendors, and factories. Leads the commercial interface on behalf of sector for strategic sourcing and supply chain management.
Strategic Source Development
- Develop a tactical sourcing plan and provide expertise on changes in supplier operations.
- Negotiate and manage all associated supply contracts. Analyze, discuss, and resolve problems by negotiating solutions between suppliers and sector.
- Lead supplier development through the initiation and implementation of supplier scorecards
- Understand and monitor supply based on key performance measures and market conditions.
- Manage and control all aspects of product, costs, cost structures, and business strategies of preferred suppliers and ensures suppliers are compliant with social compliance requirements.
- Communicate with suppliers all changes and amendments to garments until all specifications are met. Report all conflicts to the designated person in the sourcing department if specific problems occur within the framework of strategic relationships.
- Control and manage all product concepts as provided by design and product development/front end merchandising to support sales.
- Manage total sample process for sector for analysis of product, to include timely delivery.
- Provide viable options for Product Development to make selections and maintain integrity of the design and brand.
- Help merchandising, marketing, and sales to make informed decisions on product.
- Manage the process of passing costs and factory information to Planning for issuance of PO's.
- Visit factories during production to ensure spec adherence and stability of production.
- Ensure production reports are completed weekly and monitored for compliance to delivery dates. Establish appropriate lead times for production and freight to meet confirmed ex-country dates.
- Manage and monitor quality through QA reports and inspections to insure desired results.
- Act as the liaison for all prototypes, fit assessments, lab tests, and other PD/sourcing interfaces.
- Staff Management - Monitor the performance of staff, giving guidance and feedback, as needed, to insure understanding of job related functions to successfully meet the job requirements. Provide training, as necessary, to improve performance to meet the continuously changing needs of sourcing.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- 8+ years relevant experience in sourcing, development, quality and production
- Strong computer skills with intermediate level in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and necessary systems needed
- Knowledge of garment construction
- Working experience with global trade in textiles and apparel sourcing processes
- Experience working with vendors in Asia and South/Central America
- Knowledge of industry standard quality processes/procedures and compliance regulations.
- Ability to introduce and implement new processes and procedures
- Ability to communicate across multiple cultural and experience levels, both internally and externally
- Travel required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Usual office environment with frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing. Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery. Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.