Quantum Computing Compiler Engineer (C++/Python)
Posted on Nov 22, 2022 by Deerfoot I.T. Resources Ltd
Compiler Engineer (Quantum Computing)
C /Python Quantum Software Engineering
Hybrid - 3 Days p/w in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
£65,000 Salary + Benefits Package
As a trusted recruitment partner to this science-led Quantum Computing organisation with offices spanning the globe, we are assisting in the hire of a number of Compiler Engineers to join their Science hub based in Cambridge. This hybrid role will require you to spend three days per week in the Cambridge Science and Technology Centre.
As a Compiler Engineer you will work on Quantum Software Engineering in C and Python with the use of Compiler Technologies (LVVM/MLIR). You will collaborate with a small team, and will have input on the entire development process through research, design, programming and testing. You will have the freedom to think independently and creatively in the team and make a real impact.
Skills, Experience & Requirements
- Experience in C/C Development and Python Development
- Preferably experience with Compiler Technologies such as LLVM/MLIR
- Interest/Knowledge in Quantum Computing, Quantum Algorithms or Quantum Information
- Relevant Studies (Degree/Ph.D.) in Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or similar
- Likely to have prior experience in computer science, scientific computation, academic research or commercial software engineering focussed positions
- Experience with collaboration tools (eg version control, bug tracking systems, etc.) and programming tools (eg debugger, profiler, software testing tools, etc.)
- Able to design large software systems, with an ability to understand technical and advanced research material and transfer new ideas into code
- May also be familiar with Rust programming, Formal Methods and/or Type Theory
- May have prior experience working on and developing Quantum Software (either through studies/academia, or prior work experience)
Hybrid Working Expectation: This hybrid role requires 3 days p/w in their UK Science and Technology Centre based in Cambridge.
Visa Sponsorship Available: In order to attract the very best talent from across the globe, relocation assistance and sponsorship can be provided for the right individuals if required. You must be happy to relocate to the Cambridge area.
This role may be suitable for those who have held the following role titles; C Developer, Python Developer, C Software Engineer, Python Software Engineer, C Software Developer, Python Software Developer, C Programmer, Python Programmer, Compiler Engineer, Quantum Developer, Quantum Engineer, Academic Researcher, Quantum Researcher, or similar.
Deerfoot IT Resources Ltd is one of the UK's leading IT Recruitment Agencies. Established in 1997, we have over twenty-five years of experience as IT Recruitment Specialists and practice a meticulous recruitment service for our clients. We will never send your CV anywhere without your full email authorisation and only after you have seen the full and complete details on this opportunity. Deerfoot is acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Each time Deerfoot sends a CV to a recruiting client we donate £1 to The Born Free Foundation ().