Redis DBA Administrator
Posted on Nov 22, 2022 by Global IT Consulting Limited
One of our clients is a multinational organisation seeking an experienced DBA who has recently worked with Redis.
- Hands-on data analysis or research experience in database sharding, replication, recovery, and performance optimizations, in in-memory databases
- Proficient in data migration and minimization of downtime supporting an SLA
- Identify key metrics and build resilient processes to detect and minimize issues
- Strong, hands-on knowledge of Scripting and automation tasks.
- Experience preparing and working in a production environment
- Install and configure Redis/ElasticSearch database software
- Monitor performance and tune, diagnose and repair data systems
- Implement backup and recovery methods for Redis cache
- Manage security connection to the Redis databases
- Maintain the security requirements for the Redis database
- Develop and document standards, processes and procedures for forethinking operational efficiencies on the Redis platform
- Working closely with other teams and collaborating with other team members
- Support and problem resolution for major outage and/or complicated technical challenges that may arise in the ecosystem
- Work closely with team management, advanced engineering and vendor on all architectural decisions
- Strong communicator (written and spoken) and time manager who excels at working with distributed teams.
- Provide status reporting to information technology management and any assigned project teams when required
- Work with vendor and Engineering to deploy Redis updates, patches and version upgrades when required
- Capacity planning Aligning with the systems engineering team to propose and deploy new hardware and software environments required to ensure scalability and reliability
- Applying security patches
- Build tools, services, frameworks and interfaces to enable monitoring, management and operations in production.
- Willingness to investigate and troubleshoot issues and make recommendations to improve system performance
- Willingness to work on other NoSQL databases such as Cassandra and ElasticSearch.