SC CLEARED - IT Support Analyst (1st Line Support)
Posted on Nov 22, 2022 by Lucid Support Services Ltd
SC Cleared - IT Support/Build Engineers
- 5 months +
- £250.00pd - Inside IR35
- Based in Glasgow
Tech Bar Staff Mon-Fri 09:00 to 17:00 each Day.
Based on a model where those staff are working on a roughly five day working week, that we set out how many of those days need to be in the given office (for the Tech Bars) - ie 2 staff in Glasgow, for 2 days per week.
To physically manage the Tech Bars in Glasgow/Manchester/Bristol/York the expectation is that these staff would be in the office Monday-Friday. For the other roles, once training has been completed, Office Attendance a minimum of 2-days per week, and remote working up to a maximum of 3-days per week.
The Service Desk Job Description is:
The role is part of the a central government Team, which delivers modern and flexible digital and technology services that are cost efficient whilst maintaining high quality services to users across the department and Partner organisations. The First Line IT Support Analyst provides first level support through taking calls and handling resulting incidents or Service Requests, using the incident management and request fulfilment processes, in line with Service Desk objectives.
Key Tasks and deliverables
- Receive, log and manage calls via telephone, email and customer portal
- Maintain an Asset Database and track changes
- Log all calls in the Service Desk Call Logging system (Jira)
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- Through Active Directory; create user accounts, reset passwords
- Escalate issues/unresolved calls with 2nd line support where problems cannot be resolved at a 1st line level
- Good knowledge of GMail, Google Calendars and Google drive
- Knowledge of Smartphones IOS & Android
- Excellent in-depth knowledge of Windows 8.1 & IOS operating systems (mixed estate to support)
- Good knowledge of MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- VERY clear verbal communication skills as 95% of user interaction is over the phone