2nd Line Support Engineer
Posted on Nov 22, 2022 by Lynx Recruitment Ltd
My client is a well-established MSP with offices in both London and Essex. They have a requirement for an experienced 2nd Line Support Engineer in their Basildon office.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for a role within a strong team where it is in their culture to reward good work and invest in their staff with training opportunities and clear progression routes.
This 2nd Line Support Engineer role will be very technical and MSP experience is essential. You will possess a range of skills ranging from Office 365, Exchange Server, Hyper V, VMware, Desktop Support and Network monitoring.
Duties for this 2nd Line Engineer Role:
- Dealing with allocated issues from an ITSM ticketing system
- Highlight and escalate any incidents in line with internal escalation guidelines
- Utilize your 10 allocated development days to further your IT skills
- Provide support and where necessary, training to 1st Line Engineers
Successful Candidates for this 2nd Line Engineer Role:
- Possess in-depth knowledge of Office365, Exchange Server, Hyper V and VMware, server hardware, desktop support, networking and Azure. Not just administration, but end-to-end troubleshooting
- Possessing Solarwinds network monitoring experience is desirable, but not essential
- Understand and be prepared to manage tickets classed as Major Incidents and Major Service Outages
Benefits of this 2nd Line Engineer Role:
- The opportunity to work in a purpose-built, state of the art office space
- Fantastic opportunity for training and 10 allocated training days to upskill on the latest technologies
- Multiple Team Outings a year (A lovely team environment)
- Allocated 2 Community Days per year to give back to the local community
- Private Healthcare Package
Further Details for this 2nd Line Engineer Role:
- Hybrid working (3 Days in the office, 2 Days working from home)
- Salary up to £35,000 per annum
- Shifts ranging between 7am to 4pm, 8.30am to 5.30pm and 10am to 7pm