Posted on Nov 22, 2022 by Proactive Appointments
4 days from home/1 on-site per week
We are partnered with a leading healthcare organisation based in Chertsey, Surrey. This role is an integral part of the organisations product management function and the principle focus of this role is to orchestrate the day-to-day definition, prioritisation and tracking of the product and sprint to deliver successful product releases on time and on budget. Experience within the healthcare/lifesciences industry is beneficial but not essential.
- Work as an integral member of the Product Management function, the role of which is to maintain the product strategy and product release roadmap and their alignment with business objectives.
- Working with product management, domain experts and customers to fully specify detailed user stories for features and technical components.
- Maintain and groom a prioritised backlog of features and user stories ready for assigning to a product release
- Plan and scope successive product releases that incrementally deliver value to customers, forming the product roadmap
- Confirm and manage customer expectations to minimise scope creep for a release
- Inspire and challenge the multidisciplinary product sprint team (engineering, product management, domain experts and UX design) to raise the bar in creating high-quality, world-class software and SAAS applications
- Ensure the team understands the project goals and what the successful release looks like
- Work with and co-ordinate business analysts as required
- Be the voice of the customer and provide a business perspective on value
- Assist the team to solve complex real-world challenges
- Provide quick just in time' decisions to system level questions and defect triage
- Co-ordinate 3rd party system integrators to drive process on schedule
- Coach and mentor junior product owners
- Promote the product management function and the profession
Skills & experience required:
- Have the ability to plan and manage the development project from start to finish.
- Be willing and able to learn about complex, technical software products from various sources - knowledge transfers, feature descriptions, documentation, and experimentation.
- Be detail oriented, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Be mindful of the product goals and re-iterate those to the team with regular frequency.
- Have a good understanding of the commercialisation of products, and to present entrepreneurial thinking from the team to leadership as it arises.
- Ensure that the product(s) meet the customer needs, whilst remaining aligned with the Product vision and strategy.
- Have excellent organisational, leadership, and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Be able to delegate requirements analysis duties to business analysts where required and track their progress so they deliver on time for when they are needed by you and your team.
- Recognise what you don't know but be resourceful and build up a network of subject matter experts that you can call upon whenever you need them to avoid delay, and to support JIT decisions.
- Be solution, technology and team facing.
Qualifications and experience
- Certified Scrum Alliance Product Owner (CSPO), Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) or equivalent
- Strong understanding of agile development practices and scrum
- Strong understanding of a software development life cycle
- 0-5 years-experience of a Product Owner leading a team in an agile environment
- Any experience in healthcare and life sciences highly desirable
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website