Ruby on Rails Developer (remote)
Posted on Nov 22, 2022 by The Royak Group Inc.
Company located in Kennesaw, GA is seeking a Ruby on Rails Developer with expertise and experience building complex applications and knowledgeable of all layers of development including system and database architecture and application development. This is a remote position. In this role, you will be a key participant through all phases of the development life cycle including designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting all types of applications consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver business value. To be successful in this position, you must be a self-starter and enjoy working with a highly collaborative team in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple, concurrent tasks.
- Develop state-of-the-art, test-driven applications
- Collaborate with the team on application architecture design and decision-making
- Work with the platform development team to effectively integrate the cloud tier via RESTFul APIs
- Troubleshoot production support issues post release deployment and come up with solutions
- Maintain knowledge of emerging technologies, trends and standards
- Develop pioneering approaches to emerging industry trends
- Capable of working in a fast-paced agile environment that fosters short design cycles and frequent code releases.
- Knowledgeable in cloud-base service design and deployment.
Technical Skills and Experience
- Experience using Ruby on Rails to develop production applications
- RDBMS (PostgreSQL 9+) experience
- GraphQL API
- BA/BS degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability with TDD and BDD
- Writing and consuming RESTful resources
- Experience working with version control systems; SVN or Git
- Agile software development cycle experience
- Able to work independently, self-motivated, and a strong team player